X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pharmacies are so much fun...

I hope everyone had a good week!!

The rise of the phone of horror

Me: Thank you for calling Blank pharmacy, this is Reirei, how may I help you?
    SC: DIOVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
    Me: Excuse me?
    Me: MA'AM?
    Me: MA'AM! I NEED YOUR NAME IF YOU WANT A REFILL!
    SC: Why the hell are you yelling at me??
    Me:

Okay....

I am on intake, shocking I know, and a lady is coming up in a long line to my window.

SC: I need this ready in five minutes.
    Me: Ma'am, our standard wait time is a 45 minutes and with how busy we are today that may be pushed back to an hour.
    SC: So?
    Me: So your script will be ready in 45 minutes.
    SC: Whatever! *stomps off*
    Me: *inputs script and calls forward the lady behind her* How can I help you?
    SC: I need this in 15 minutes.
    Me: *same spiel as before*
    Me: *sighes*

The Return of the Rise of the Phone of Horror!!

I am on intake, I don't even know why I bother telling that anymore.

Me: Thank you for calling Blank Pharmacy, how may I help you?
    SC: Could you look up when I picked up my birth control last? *gives name*
    ME: *looks up* You got a three months supply in Febuary.
    SC: Are you sure?
    Me: Uhh... yes.
    SC: Well, I haven't had my period since January...
    Me: Then I sugest you go see your OBGYN.
    SC: I haven't taken the pill since December...
    Me:.... Okay....
    SC: When do you think I got pregnant?
    Me: Are you seriously asking me that?
    SC: Well, you work in a pharmacy.
    Me: That does not make me an OBGYN ma'am. I suggest you go see yours.
    SC: But I just am trying to figure out the date....
    Me: .... ... .... I am sure they can help you more than a Pharmacy Tech can.
    SC: *sighs dramatically* Fine. *hangs up
    CW: WTH was that all about?
    Me: You don't want this in in your brain. I sure didn't.

Hold on this story has a twist ending...

I was on filling and not on intake (shocking, I know) when the clerk came over and asked me to "handle" some one we will call Mrs. B. Mrs. B wanted to pick up her insulin pens and had litterally had a tantrum when she had heard the price. Mrs. B is a regular and as I am mostly on intake I am used to her... moods.

Me: Hello Mrs. B, how can I help you today.
    SC: You can start by changing the price on this medication *tosses the bag on the counter* You are charging me $15, when it should be $7!
    Me: One moment... *checks, and sure enough, both of her insurences have gone through meaning it costs $15 dollars. I also check her profile and see she has ALLWAYS paid $15 dollars, I know what you are thinking, but a lot of people do this all the time* Ma'am, unfortunatly the price is correct and it is $15 dollars.
    SC: That is an out right falsehood and YOU know it! Where's co-irker? SHE would change the price to $7!
    Me: *knows that this is true, the co-irker buckles under people screaming like a house of cards in a draft* Co-irker is not here today Ma'am, so unfortunatly that is the price.
    SC: You people are allways charging me to f*cking much, I can't believe this sh*t! *beging to yell*
    Me: As I have told you before ma'am, when we have these discussions, you need to take it up with your insurences if you have a dispute with the co-pay, you need to get in contact with them as we charge you what they tell us to charge you.
    SC: I have ALLWAYS paid $7 dollars for my pens and I DEMAND you f*cking change the price RIGHT NOW!!!
    Me: *pulls out her price history for the pens and show her* On 02/23/2009 you paid $15 for your insulin, on 01/20/2009 you paid $15 dollars, on 12/22/2008 you paid $15 dollars, and on-
    SC: I don't BELIEVE THAT!!!
    Me: That's fine ma'am. It does not mean it's not the truth.
    SC: So you are not going to change it?
    Me: No ma'am. No one will.
    SC: I am not going to listen to this bullsh*t anymore!! I am going to call my insurence companies, and then you'll see. You give me back the FULL amount then! *stomps away*
    Me: Have a nice day ma'am!

Two days later, I am coming back from my lunch break when Awesome RPhx pulls me aside:

ARPhx: Was Mrs. B here a couple days ago?
    Me: Ummm, yeah *thinking oh great, she filed a complaint*
    ARPhx: Was she REALLY rude to you?
    Me: *confused* Yeah, she was rather unpleasent.
    ARPhx: She was just here looking for you. She wanted to apologize.
    Me: Seriously?
    ARPhx: Yeah, she cried and everything.
    Me: Oh wow, I hope she's okay...
    ARPhx: I don't know, but at least she apologized.

That has NEVER happened before. A customer has never come back to apologize to one of us after being rude. I hope Mrs. B is okay though.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid customers.

"Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire, called conscience." - George Washington

I can't help but think that last lady decided to apologize because she just got a job in ther service industry
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth reirei
      am i the only one who places my prescription order one day, and picks it up the next?

Quoth reirei
      SC: You can start by changing the price on this medication *tosses the bag on the counter* You are charging me $15, when it should be $7!
      she should see the price of some of my meds... thank god there's $4 prescriptions for the rest...
      To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
      my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

Quoth joe hx View Post
        am i the only one who places my prescription order one day, and picks it up the next?
        I don't do that, but I drop it off without expectation, ask how long it will be, and return after that timeframe. If they say 15 minutes fine. If they say 45 min okay I'll take longer shopping around the other shops. No biggie.

Comment

Quoth reirei View Post
          SC: Well, I haven't had my period since January...
          Me: Then I sugest you go see your OBGYN.
          SC: I haven't taken the pill since December...
          Me:.... Okay....
          Hmm...well, maybe sometime in December/January? Was she serious? It scares me that girls that oblivious are getting themselves knocked up. I can just see it in the future: "I don't know why my kid died officer, I fed him in March" "It's April..."

Oh, and the $7 SC...maybe $7 is the price for her other meds? I'm thinking anti-psychotics...
          "This isn't a home, this is a swirling vortex of entropy." - Sheldon "The Big Bang Theory"

Comment

Quoth Calie
            Oh, and the $7 SC...maybe $7 is the price for her other meds? I'm thinking anti-psychotics...
            unfortunately antipsycotics are the expensive ones... $200 plus a bottle. sucks when you have two scripts...
            To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
            my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

Quoth Calie View Post
              Trust me, those are MUCH more expensive...

(Random story: Recently I was unpacking some boxes from my grandparents' estate - just miscellaneous house stuff that my aunt and mom thought the grandchildren might like as keepsakes - and I found an old promotional item from a drug company. My Grampa was a psychiatrist. It was a ruler with a big advertisement for Thorazine - the newest drug for difficult patients - now in handy suppository form! I took it to my psychopharmacology class and much amusement was had by all...)

Comment

Quoth joe hx View Post
                unfortunately antipsycotics are the expensive ones... $200 plus a bottle. sucks when you have two scripts...
                Duly noted. I love learning new things.

Quoth Buglady View Post
                Trust me, those are MUCH more expensive...

(Random story: Recently I was unpacking some boxes from my grandparents' estate - just miscellaneous house stuff that my aunt and mom thought the grandchildren might like as keepsakes - and I found an old promotional item from a drug company. My Grampa was a psychiatrist. It was a ruler with a big advertisement for Thorazine - the newest drug for difficult patients - now in handy suppository form! I took it to my psychopharmacology class and much amusement was had by all...)
                Ow.
                "This isn't a home, this is a swirling vortex of entropy." - Sheldon "The Big Bang Theory"

Comment

In the hospital when thy knock you up on Thorazine you do what we have come to refer to as "The Thorazine Shuffle." I saw a friend see a way out and try to make a break for it. He really thought he was running fast... till the security guard said "I can finish my sandwich before he can get to the door."
                  That took the air out of my buddy's sails.
                  You have to be a very difficult and possibly violent patient for them to use it on you.

Comment

Quoth joe hx View Post

she should see the price of some of my meds... thank god there's $4 prescriptions for the rest...
                    Yeah, no kidding. I have great insurance and the co pay for two of my drugs is 80 bucks a month. She's getting off cheaply.

At least the old bat is apologizing. You have to let us know what she's apologizing for when you next see her.
                    "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth Buglady View Post
                      It was a ruler with a big advertisement for Thorazine - the newest drug for difficult patients - now in handy suppository form!
                      Quoth Akasa View Post
                      You have to be a very difficult and possibly violent patient for them to use it on you.
                      I'd be difficult and violent if someone wanted to shove a pill up my ass.
                      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                        I'd be difficult and violent if someone wanted to shove a pill up my ass.
                        Yes, I should think that they'll need a lot more strong men to hold me down for THAT than for a nice oldfashioned hypodermic .

Comment

Quoth reirei View Post
                          Okay....

I am on intake, shocking I know, and a lady is coming up in a long line to my window.

Me: Ma'am, our standard wait time is a 45 minutes and with how busy we are today that may be pushed back to an hour.
                          Me: So your script will be ready in 45 minutes.
                          SC: Whatever! *stomps off*
                          Me: *inputs script and calls forward the lady behind her* How can I help you?
                          SC: I need this in 15 minutes.
                          Me: *same spiel as before*
                          Me: *sighes*
                          These people would spontaneously combust if they had to hear the wait times I do for my meds at the county clinic. 3-5 hours.

I typically go somewhere else entirely and come back, or return some other day to get my stuff.

I was in heaven when I took a script to a normal pharmacy awhile ago (it was one I could pay for) and the guy told me I had a 15 minute wait. I nearly didn't believe what he was telling me.

These people need to calm down.
                          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                          -----
                          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth reirei View Post
                            Me: Are you seriously asking me that?
                            SC: Well, you work in a pharmacy.
                            Me: That does not make me an OBGYN ma'am. I suggest you go see yours.
                            SC: But I just am trying to figure out the date....
                            I'm guessing that she needs the date to narrow the field of potential fathers.
                            Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
                              I'm guessing that she needs the date to narrow the field of potential fathers.
                              That would be helpful, especially a few years down the road when she schedules her appearance on "Maury" for the paternity test.
                              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                              X