This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why, no of course I'm lying to you!

This happens everytime. A little background. I work as a GM for a major MMO and we do all kinds of stuff. Those tickets are usually about mails and the auctionhouse.

So, the CS sold an auction, took the money out of the mail ingame, but the mail was not automatically deleted as they usually do. So, he asumes that he didn't receive the gold. Fair enough. He writes a ticket.

I analyze everything and find out that, yes, you did get the money. This is really obvious to us. No room for error on our part in these cases so...

GM: Hello CS, this is GM [you wish I told you, mh?]. I've analyzed your case. Do you have a moment to talk about it?
    CS: Sure, shoot.
    GM: After checking our logs, we have come to the conclussion that you got the money out of that mail.
    CS: What? No! I didn't get any money!
    GM: Well, I assure you, you did. There is no mistaking about it.
    CS: I'm sure I didn't get any money!
    GM: I am 100% positive that you got the money. The mail was simply not deleted. This happens sometimes. Don't worry about it. Just go ahead and delete that mail.
    CS: Why don't you want to help me?
    GM: Sorry, what? You think I'm lying? Now, why would I do that?
    CS: If you don't want to, then please get me a different GM!
    GM: Sorry, CS, but I told you, you got the money. Any other GM will tell you the same thing.
    CS: Prove it!
    GM: Sure. *Pastes long, not easily interpretable loglines in the chat and explains them*
    CS: Oh hell, doesn't matter if I got the money or not, thanks for nothing.
    GM: Have a nice day. (thinking: I hope you fall down a well and die in a fire)

WHY? Oh why do they think I lie to them? I just don't get it.
    http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
    Melody Gardot

well aren't you just taking that gold for yourself?? /sarcasm
    To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
    my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

Because they aren't alowed to lose... /BS

I hope they fall into a well and starve to death
      I like things that go *bang!*

Comment

It would be a real pity if someone "accidentally" locked that guys account.

Comment

Hey panigg, be my personal GM bitch on Frostmourne? j/ks

Unfortunately, some people can't seem to grasp the bare essentials and listen for when you receive or send money. It makes a very distinctive sound that is hard to miss. Granted, they may be playing with sound off, but is it so hard to watch what you're doing?
          This post has been brought to you by the IPF SC Neutering Campaign.

Comment

I'm guessing WOW? Its sad to think he got that upset over a game anyway! That jerk, assuming you were lying.

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
              I'm guessing WOW? Its sad to think he got that upset over a game anyway! That jerk, assuming you were lying.
              Oh, there is far worse. People actually get really creative, when they want to get something. Latest case I had was the timelost protodrake, which is like this really rare and hard to get mount.

He wrote a ticket: I just killed the timelost protodrake and I couldn't loot it! This is the second time this happens! I want my drake!

So, of course I'm checking everything.

1. Turns out another player just killed the drake 20 minutes ago.
              2. My CS talked to that player, told the player that the drake had a respawn time of at least 6 hours.
              3. Wrote the ticket one minute after speaking to the lucky player.

GM: Spiel. Have a minute?
              CS: Hi, sure I have time!
              GM: I'm afraid I have to tell you that you did not kill the drake and that we don't like being lied to.
              CS: What!? This is outrageous! I killed him and I want my loot!
              GM: Ok. So why exactly did you talk to the player that JUST got his drake and told him the drake had a respawntime of 6 hours?
              CS: Well, I .... WANT MY DRAGON!
              GM: I'm sorry to say, but your account will be suspended for 3 hours. You can check the mail I sent to your email account for details.
              CS: What! But I just want my drake!
              GM: Look, did you kill that drake? Yes or no?
              CS: Ok, no I didn't. Sorry, please don't suspend my account!
              GM: Don't worry, I won't. I'm just allergic to bullshit. Don't try that again.
              CS: Thanks!
              GM: No problems. Have a good one.
              Melody Gardot

Comment

CS: Ok, no I didn't. Sorry, please don't suspend my account!
                GM: Don't worry, I won't. I'm just allergic to bullshit. Don't try that again.
                damn

3 hours is nothing... shoulda suspended.

As to your first post, I think I've done something like that (though, I don't go the "you're lying" route, but the "Oh, bugger, damn, I'm a dick then... ok, thanks".
                When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

I work as a GM for a major MMO and we do all kinds of stuff. Those tickets are usually about mails and the auctionhouse.
                  What is a GM and MMO?

Comment

GM: Gamemaster
                    MMO: Massively Multi Online
                    RPG: Role Play Game

Basically a lot of nerds playing on a lot of servers together.
                    Melody Gardot

Comment

Basically a lot of nerds playing on a lot of servers together.[/QUOTE]

Hey......I resemble that remark. lolol
                      You want it when? Yeah, Good luck with that!

Comment

Quoth Panigg View Post
                        Which begs the question: Shouldn't you then be called a "NerdHerder"?
                        This post has been brought to you by the IPF SC Neutering Campaign.

Comment

Someone once asked what it's like to be a Gamemaster. The answer:

Take a laptop to kindergarden. That is exactly how it is.
                          Melody Gardot

Comment

Quoth Panigg View Post
                            GM: Gamemaster
                            MMO: Massively Multi Online
                            RPG: Role Play Game

I resemble that remark.

And I figured it was WOW right away, because all GM's start off with "do you have a moment to talk about it?"

But I imagine there are a lot of dicks on there that have no idea what they're talking about, so I feel for you.

Comment

Let me just say thank you.

As a MMO player, I know a lot of people right off the bat this GMs are power-hungry SOBs that get off on jerking players around. The few times I've had to contact one they have been fast, courteous and completly professional.

Losing faith in humanity, one customer at a time

Comment

Working...
                              X