This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say Wha?

So where do you draw the line in messages on floral cards? I had to ask myself that after some young giggly guy asked me to put on his card message to his girlfriend, "I love you like bees love flowers, bears love honey, I love you like pigs like mud and dirty jews like money"

He just could not understand why I refused to put down the card message.
    "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

I think I just had coca-cola come out my nose.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.

Comment

Okay, maybe not so PC, but I laughed.

For those that didn't, read it in a Borat accent.

Comment

You know he didn't use a Borat accent but it sure reminded me of Borat...I had to explain why I would not take the message. Some florist would flip out if I sent that through the wire service. Almost as bad as the time the prisoner tried to buy flowers on a stolen credit card and issue a death threat in the card message.

Comment

I read it in Eric Cartmans voice.

Comment

Freemanic Paracusia
            The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Gotta give him credit for making it Rhyme.

CH
              Some People Are Alive Only Because It Is Illegal To Kill Them

Comment

By any chance, was the girlfriend named Eva? Eva Braun?
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

knucklehead

being jewish...i would have thrown him out of the store.

Comment

Hobbit, I found out about two years ago because a relative did a family tree that I am Jewish down through the maternal line going back to the 1500s. My daughter is married to a Jew, she converted and their children are Jewish. To hear this coming out of the mouth of someone so young and dumb was an insult. I nearly hung up on him.

He was calling from one of those sparsely populated Western states so popular with white supremacists and neo-nazis

Comment

My husband is Jewish. It kind of freaks me out sometimes that people would hold this against my children.
                      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                      HR believes the first person in the door
                      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                      Document everything
                      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Makes me wonder if the guy was not Jewish himself, and this was some (albeit tasteless) in-joke for him and his girl.

I'm probably reaching, I know, but it's so out of the blue and weird I'm trying to read more than face value into it.

Comment

I would've kicked him out right then and there..I'm not Jewish, but that's just wrong (I have some Jewish friends btw).
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Just because Jewish people are usually white doesn't mean it's fine to be racist towards them... Would anybody question whether or not he would be allowed to write his girlfriend "I love you and I hate <epithet for Black people>"? Even if he was totally 100% joking in his heart, it's still not cool and most likely will offend every person who has to transmit that message.

OT? Borat was pretty darn funny, but what wasn't funny is how many people came out of their Nazi closet and praised white Jesus that it was suddenly "cool" to rip on \Jews. I thought I lived in a pretty forward-thinking community, but NOPE! Oh well... the Bruno trailer looks hi-larious though
                            !
                            "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Working...
                            X