X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently I was rude...

I serve a grumpy old man a beer...

Me: OK, so that's £x.xx please.

He gets out his money, I hold out my hand...

...old man then places the money (mostly change) into a slimy puddle on the bar top (I had not yet got round to wiping it up). I have to pick out each of the coins. If he had put the coins into my hand when I held it out, the transaction would have been over in half the time.

I count out his change. Old man holds his hand out. I place it in the exact same puddle.

Old Man: That was rude!!!

He grabbed his beer and walked off, muttering under his breath.

It was rude, but he deserved it.
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
      Old Man: That was rude!!!
      Really? Brilliant observation Sherlock!

Comment

nearly as bad as when they hold out a handfull of change and expect you to count it out for them.
        "Light a fire for someone and he will be warm all day,
        set light to someone and he will be warm for the rest of his life" Sir Samuel Vimes

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

Comment

Quoth gaspode View Post
          nearly as bad as when they hold out a handfull of change and expect you to count it out for them.
          Ugh! I hate that! I always tell them I've forgotten my glasses so I can't see the coins.

Comment

You really are my hero. You should write a book some day, like "Waiter Rant".
            I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

I do that to people who THROW their money (paper or coins) at me: I place their change on the little ledge next to the monitor. Coins on top.
              Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

I hate that! Just like when a customer throws their credit card at me, I look at it and tell them that they need to swipe it through the machine, they look at me like I just called them the worst name ever. I don't care if you want to be an ass then I will treat you like one. I am so glad that you did the same thing back to him, maybe somewhere down the line he will remember that we are people to and deserve to be treated with some respect.

Comment

I do that too.

I hold my hand out for receipts/returns/money, and if the person just throws it on the counter NEXT to my hand, that's where their pen/receipt/money goes.

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
                    It was rude, but he deserved it.
                    What goes around, comes around. Not sure how it is rude on the OP's side.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                      I count out his change. Old man holds his hand out. I place it in the exact same puddle.
                      Haha he had it coming! And since when is it rude to place the money in the location that the customer had previously established?

Comment

i'm the same way, if you can't be bothered to hand it to me, i can't be bothered to hand it to you.

we're all people, yet they seem to have recurrent amnesia when it comes to us 'lowly service' people.
                        look! it's ghengis khan!
                        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I've never had a customer through money at me. But there was that one lady who threw the flowers and... Yeah I've told that story too many times.

But really, he established how the transaction would go. You just followed his example
                          Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                          Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Working...
                          X