This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These Parents Suck!

To preface: I work in the Infants/Little girls department, so I deal with a lot of parents, grandparents, parents-to-be, and kiddies. Most are very nice. Some suck beyond belief.

WTF?!

While at the fitting room talking to another associate, a woman with a little girl (about 10-11) and her husband comes up and asks where the training bras are. I point her in the right direction, she leaves, and I go back to talking. A few minutes later, I return to my department with an armload of returns, and begin putting them away. One took me near the little girls bra rack. I hear the woman, and as I walk past, I look over to the side. EGADS!

I barely catch a glimpse of what I really hope isn't a little girl with her shirt off before both parents wheel on me and stare as I hurry past. To make sure it really did happens, that my eyes weren't tricking me, I kinda creep down to one rack and pretend to sort it while looking. Indeed, there is one rather shirtless little girl standing in the middle of the aisle, trying on a bra while her parents fuss over her, not seeming to see a problem. I'm about two seconds away from getting a manager when they have her put her shirt back on as if nothing happened, and go back to shopping. Now that I think about it, I'm not totally sure they didn't steal a bra.

OMG!

A rather unpleasant-seeming woman storms into the store. I can hear her coming before I see her, screaming the whole way about something. She has a rather frazzled looking husband and daughter (10-12) in tow. The kid seems to want a lot of things, but the woman starts yelling and fighting like it's the end of the world every two second, fighting everything anyone says, almost mowing down a kid with her cart. She seems to hate the store, and luckily doesn't notice me as I sorted unobtrusively. Raging the whole time, she tears through the department, throwing things around, then leaves. The little girl starts asking for underwear, and I swear to Cthulhu, the mom yells, "I'M NOT BUYING YOU ANY MORE UNDERWEAR, YOU'LL JUST GET POOP STAINS IN THEM!"

egads indeed on the second mother.

as for the first story, kinda reminds me of something that happened when i was in FR. a little girl (3-4 at most) was trying on dresses, monitored by her mother, and was trying a particular one on. Now, the mother could tell it was too big, but the little girl was insistant, so she entertained her. Anyway, I'm hanging clothes and turn just as she (the girl) comes out of the FR to display her dress. Needless to say, it's waaay big on her and almost reveals her to everyone back there. Thankfully, her mother notices quickly and rushes her back in. It was kinda cute

Comment

Quoth Arwyn Q View Post
      OMG!

She has a rather frazzled looking husband and daughter (10-12) in tow.
      For a split second I was like for thinking of a 10 to 12 year old husband but then I went back to .

Quoth Arwyn Q View Post
      "I'M NOT BUYING YOU ANY MORE UNDERWEAR, YOU'LL JUST GET POOP STAINS IN THEM!"
      LEIK OMIGAWD KIDS AER LIK SO FILTEY AND AMAGAD!
      http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
      Melody Gardot

Comment

Ick, sometimes I swear parents are worse than their children. I had some parents come through the Goodwill I used to work at I wanted to throw out the front door, their children were better behaved and that... doesn't happen often with my patience for children.

Comment

Quoth Arwyn Q View Post
          The little girl starts asking for underwear, and I swear to Cthulhu, the mom yells, "I'M NOT BUYING YOU ANY MORE UNDERWEAR, YOU'LL JUST GET POOP STAINS IN THEM!"
          "Thanks, Mom... Now all the money you'll save will just have to go to my therapy in the next few years..."
          "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth Arwyn Q View Post
            Indeed, there is one rather shirtless little girl standing in the middle of the aisle, trying on a bra while her parents fuss over her, not seeming to see a problem.
            That's just wrong! My friend has two little girls, 5 & 6, and sometimes, I believe out of boredom, or if they get something on their shirts, they will just lift them up, exposing themselves and my friend makes sure they put their shirts down and explain that little girls don't do things like that in public....or even randomly at home. But to have your young daughter trying on bras - training bras nonetheless (I was so embarrassed when I had to start wearing bras - I was quite the tom boy) in the middle of the store... that's just wrong!

"I'M NOT BUYING YOU ANY MORE UNDERWEAR, YOU'LL JUST GET POOP STAINS IN THEM!"
            That poor child.
            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Good grief.....
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Arwyn Q View Post
                Now that I think about it, I'm not totally sure they didn't steal a bra.
                Even if they did I'm glad they weren't stopped - just think how embarrassing that would have been for the poor girl.

I generally quite like children, but not parents.

Victoria J

Comment

I'm still dying of laughter over the poop stains one. If that were true then what is the point of having clothes since you would do the same thing without underwear on.
                  I like to scare small childeren, it's fun and as long as you can out run the parents you can get away with it.

Comment

I'm still going cos at that age, i was upset if mom opened the dressing room door without even knocking

but they're exposing their preteens chest the the store in public... and glare at YOU for being there?

um. no. you don't undress your little girl and expose her almost-developing chest to the public...

Comment

In front of the father and the general public? My daughter would have died on the spot. My daughter doesn't want her father or the general public to see her half naked or her underthings. Her father doesn't want to see it either.

Also, what parent goes out of their way to embarrass their child like the second mother did? What on earth was she thinking?

I see therapy for both children mentioned by the OP in the near future.
                      Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I rate this a -a-thon.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                        X