This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am getting fed up with this.

OK, you have been waiting a while. SO have all the other twenty people on the list.
    We are an opticians. We are not, primarily, a retail outlet. Optical Spectacles take a while to make sure they are right. You are spending quite a bit of money here (as you are shouting at me), would you rather some inexperienced girl does them for you? We have to do certain measurements and fittings to make sure they DO THEIR JOB. The person who sits down, fills out the paperwork and does the odd things with rulers has either had two years of training or is under observation from an experienced dispenser.

No, I can't do any of them. Why? Because, right now, they don't want to spend the £10,000 it takes to train someone to do this. You want to complain? Blame the LAW, not me.
    It is a Saturday. We have had 50 people in in the last hour. Each one has wanted the same as you. Have some patience, this is a clinical environment,.
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Don't you realize, that you are inconveniencing them. They don't care, about the law. They just want things to be done real fast.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I think it's EWs like that that make my opticians appreciate me. I go in and say, this is what I'd like, just get close and I'll be happy. Here's my credit card; call me when it's ready.

Middle of Feb, I took them my Dad's old discombobulated glasses, and asked them to try to some up with a reasonable approximation. Dad was in the hospital, and could not come in for either an exam or a fitting. They tweaked the Rx to make it a little bit stronger, just because of his advanced age. Dad was ecstatic! Dad passed away less than 2 weeks later, but there is no way I would even consider going back and trying to return them.
      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Welcome to my world. And people wonder why I drink so much...
        "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

I think my opthamologist/optometrist loves me (dunno if the OP or JAM has this setup, but you can have your appointment, pick out and get fitted for your glasses in the space of a day, then come back in a week to pick them up). Usually while I'm waiting for my appointment, or while mum was dealing with the insurance stuff, I'd start picking out my frames and get an idea of what I like, then I have the appointment, come back out, they ask what frames I want, I go over and show them and it all goes uphill from there. I keep my old glasses until the new ones come in. My perscription hasn't changed much over the years and I'm debating about contacts.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
            (dunno if the OP or JAM has this setup, but you can have your appointment, pick out and get fitted for your glasses in the space of a day, then come back in a week to pick them up). Usually while I'm waiting for my appointment, or while mum was dealing with the insurance stuff, I'd start picking out my frames and get an idea of what I like, then I have the appointment, come back out, they ask what frames I want, I go over and show them and it all goes uphill from there.
            Yea, I'm private practice so that about sums it up. Most of our patients are nice and normal, but the ones who aren't are fucking insane. There is virtually no middle ground.
            "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

Quoth JuniorMintz View Post
              Welcome to my world. And people wonder why I drink so much...
              And a very crazy optical world it is.

I turned to the GTA games and release my frustrations there.
              If you don't like my attitude, talk to the manager!!! Oh, wait, that would be me!!

Yes, I'm the manager. I'm also known as "the brick wall".

Comment

Working...
              X