This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nasty old woman

Of course, this happens during the last five minutes of my shift.

Older couple comes up and one wants the ad. Cashier gives them Saturday's ad but I had just set a new ad for Sunday.

They point to something on the page and wander off. I follow them because I don't know what they need.

They are looking at mattress pads, but the picture they are looking at is of PILLOWS.

They, of course, can't find the mattress pads that are "9 and 12 dollars" in the ad. We don't have mattress pads that cheap!

Me: "Can I help you?"
    SCW: "Where is this mattress pad!" (yes, she yells it.)
    Me: "Um, I'm sorry, those are pillows..."
    SCW: "BAIT AND SWITCH! SEARS IS GOING DOWN HILL!" (I have no friggin' clue why she was screaming.)
    Me: "Um--I'm sorry, these are pillows. I can show you where they are--"
    SCW: "NO. I want the mattress pads that are this price!"
    Me: "Ma'am, the prices are for the "Brand" pillows, not mattress pads. We don't even carry "brand" mattress pads."
    SCW: "I'm not shopping here anymore!"

SCW's husband..."Um...can you show me these?" *points to pillows*

I take him to the pillows as the SCW wanders around.

Me: "See, sir, these are pictures of pillows. But all of my mattress pads are on sale, if you would like to take a look."
    Man: "OH, they *are* pillows. Which one is for 24.99 here? Where is it?" *points to princess bedding set.*
    Me: "Sir...that for a princess bed."
    Man: "Oh, sorry. Yes, I just need a mattress pad to make the bed firmer."

Me: *finally* "Okay, I can help you..."

I had to eventually get another associate to help him out because I was past due clocking out...the last thing I saw was that batty old woman glaring at me.

Whew.

I see customers at Sears haven't changed since I quit my job there 10 years ago. You have my sympathy.
    "Wouldn't that be unethical?"
    "That's only an issue for those who aren't already in Hell."
    --Dilbert

Comment

I kinda fell sorry for all who were involved. This woman sounds like she's going senile, her husband has to live with it, and you have to be the unfortunate soul to help them in Sears.

Maybe she was yelling because she's losing her hearing? Who knows, maybe she's just crackers.
      Check out my cosplay social group!
      http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Working...
      X