• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sometimes i dont know what to think

Hey everybody!
    So my first real thread!

Harrasment?

I used to be the cashier at the hardware store i work at, and i encountered this "gentleman". It was on a very cold winder day, i do my usual, and i get this guy in line. Everything goes fine, greeting ok, untill i start to scan his items.....sadly counter is in the same level as his hips, and ...uuuf what is popping out of his pants? His penis !!! Guys i had no idea what to say what to do.... he knew that, with that weird grin on his face, just staring at me!
    i finished the tranaction, without the word, .. he left.. quietly....like nothing ever happened...but i was shaken for a few after he left. Definitely didnt expect anything like that!

Get lost!

This one is from the bar i used to work as the bartender. I got this couple sitting at the bar, on a busy saturday night. Lady gets glass of wine, gentelman gets margarita. I make their beverages, take the order, everything goes fine untill their food comes up
    Me: Everything looks good so far?
    SC: This is ridiculous, this is the worst looking burger I've ever seen!
    Me: oh ..i am sorry about that sir, we can prepare you a new one, or we can get you anything else...?
    SC: GET LOST!!(shouting)

uuumm ok....
    few minutes later... his burger almost gone

me: probably not the best looking burger but must be good, your plate is almost clean sir ( yeah i've tried to joke around)
    SC: (oooh if look could kill) GET OUT OF MY FACE SO I CAN FINISH MY F*CKING MEAL YOU STUPID C*NT!

oh at this point i had two choices, to grab his margarita a splash it all over his face or to walk away....i walked away, crying!...and simply told my manager that i m not coming back behind the bar untill he is gone! And went outside to have a smoke. Yeah busy saturday night and i couldnt even do my job for next half an hour and the kicker? That idiot still left me REALLY big tip. But why? why do you have to act like that? Lady didnt say a word the whole time. he is probably some abusive jerk

I just dont understand people sometimes

thats it for tonight, i will remember some more stories.
    And sorry for some mistakes and spelling, english is my second language, and hey, i m trying

Quoth Terinka View Post
    His penis !!! Guys i had no idea what to say what to do....
    Mmm...how bout "Get out now! With a prompt call to the police! That's not harrassment, that's indecent exposure and is against the law.

Did you tell anyone about it? Management?

"I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

My friend, that was indeed harassment of the sexual kind.

I heard a similar story where a guy took out his manhood and laid it on the counter for the cashier. Another customer came up and slammed a tin of fruit on it. What's the guy going to do? How does one explain to the cops that a tin was slammed on one's exposed penis without admitting guilt?

The point? If this ever happens again, find a tin of fruit.
      "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

Should've said something like:

Is pretty cold in here, hm?
        http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
        Melody Gardot

Comment

From the post, I think it wasn't exposed, he was just... pitching a tent. -shudders-

As for the awful man at the bar, I'm more willing to bet his wife was the one who left you the big tip. In fact, from the sound of him I'm willing to bet she paid for the entire meal, too.

Comment

yeah i told management, after he left...but while he was there... i couldnt.I was too shocked to do anything. Yeah i should have paged them or call the office for them to come asap, didnt think that fast though

Comment

Quoth MoxisPilot View Post
              If you're working at a hardware store, and someone does that...find a 2x4. (Do I have to point out the irony here?) Not only would it cause pain, but there's the added bonus of splinters
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

thanks for the advice

Comment

My friend, that was indeed harassment of the sexual kind..
                  If he actually took his penis out of his pants and exposed himself it is MORE than merely sexual harrassment...it is indecent exposure, and in probably all states, is against the law. That kind of behavior would land someone on a sex offender list.

I'm sure it could even be considered assualt if he actually brushed it up against anyone.
                  "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

that customer was an exhibitionist and is like any other flasher perv --- they get off on you noticing that kinda thing...arrestable offense BTW.

Comment

Quoth Terinka View Post

Harrasment?

I used to be the cashier at the hardware store i work at, and i encountered this "gentleman". It was on a very cold winder day, i do my usual, and i get this guy in line. Everything goes fine, greeting ok, untill i start to scan his items.....sadly counter is in the same level as his hips, and ...uuuf what is popping out of his pants? His penis !!! Guys i had no idea what to say what to do.... he knew that, with that weird grin on his face, just staring at me!
                      i finished the tranaction, without the word, .. he left.. quietly....like nothing ever happened...but i was shaken for a few after he left. Definitely didnt expect anything like that!
                      I would have put his stuff down and told him to get out, while picking up the phone and calling the police.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.

Comment

Quoth artifical sweetner View Post
                        that customer was an exhibitionist and is like any other flasher perv --- they get off on you noticing that kinda thing...arrestable offense BTW.
                        My PSYCH 101 professor told us that she was once flashed in the library, way back in the stacks. She looked him up and down and said:

"Looks like a penis - only smaller!!"
                        Last edited by Dytchdoctir; 04-07-2009, 08:34 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

For the OP, and for the benefit of anyone else who needs to know:

If he's looking at you and watching for your reaction, it's deliberate, and it's harassment, and it's definitely against the law just about everywhere.

If it's accidental (zipper broke and he's not wearing undies, or he is wearing undies but they're a bit too sheer, or some such), he's not going to be watching for your reaction.

Deliberate is enough cause to get the police involved. If he's doing it to you, who else is he doing it to? And is he going to escalate?

Accidental - well. A quiet 'um, sir, your zipper broke'.

If you think it's deliberate, it probably (not certainly, but probably) is.
                          Seshat's self-help guide:
                          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

i dont think it was accidental, came on my mind too, if it was accidental i dont think i would see the whole thing including his testicals...well next time i will definately think 'faster' and call the police

Comment

My friend, that was indeed harassment of the sexual kind.

I heard a similar story where a guy took out his manhood and laid it on the counter for the cashier. Another customer came up and slammed a tin of fruit on it. What's the guy going to do? How does one explain to the cops that a tin was slammed on one's exposed penis without admitting guilt?

OMG... that is SO full of win!

Comment

Working...
                              X