This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit card problems

What is it about people and their credit cards? It seems like it'd NEVER possible that there is something wrong with their card. It's always, Well there MUST be something wrong with your web site.

A guy called today with this complaint. I had spoken to him last week about this as well. He called his credit card company and of course they told him there is nothing wrong with the card.
    Never mind the fact that we have been receiving donations with the same type of card everyday with no problems.

For all I know, it could be him entering the info wrong or some sort of error between his account and our site. But as far as I can tell, common sense says that if it's working for so many others and not you, it's YOU that's the problem.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Possibly. It could also be he isn't asking the right questions. If he's using a website shopping cart, does he have cookies enabled? Our company uses PayPal to host our online ordering. A customer can't enter a shipping address that's different from the billing address, so some customers are declined when they try. Maybe this guy has a very small daily limit and went over it. By the time he calls the bank, it's the next day and the limit is once again available.

Still, there are only so many things your company can do when the card simply won't authorize. Having this guy plead ignorance won't change reality, he should just use a different card. But silly me, that would be easy.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post

For all I know, it could be him entering the info wrong or some sort of error between his account and our site. But as far as I can tell, common sense says that if it's working for so many others and not you, it's YOU that's the problem.
      ****giggles**** you said common sense. I think you forgot you were dealing with a customer.
      Tamezin

Comment

Quoth tamezin View Post
        ****giggles**** you said common sense. I think you forgot you were dealing with a customer.
        Mommy! Mommy! tamezin said the 'S' word!
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I've noticed that sometimes when I enter my card details on some sites, the expiry date changes after I enter it. Something to do with the form design or something.

Which is the kind of thing that you spot when you double check things before submitting the form.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
            I've noticed that sometimes when I enter my card details on some sites, the expiry date changes after I enter it. Something to do with the form design or something.
            Many people have the expiration dates set up in a drop down menu. On default settings, if you have the info in the drop down window active (highlighted), pressing the up or down arrows will scroll the info in that drop down. I've caught myself accidentally doing that several times when I mean to move around a form.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
              pressing the up or down arrows will scroll the info in that drop down. I've caught myself accidentally doing that several times when I mean to move around a form.
              The scroll wheel on your mouse will do the same thing
              Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Working...
              X