Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want the right to smoke near highly flammable fuel!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want the right to smoke near highly flammable fuel!!

When I got into work this morning one of my CW's mentioned that someone said he was going to make a complaint about us. He had parked his car right by where the fuel delivery guy fills the tanks and he was SMOKING.

When the CW said he couldn't smoke there he started arguing that he was nowhere near the pumps, and when she replied that he was right by the opening to the fuel tanks so had to put his cig out he said that he should have the right to smoke anywhere he wanted and was going to complain.

I know people can be dumb but seriously, WTF??

Quoth Gibbo View Post
    When I got into work this morning one of my CW's mentioned that someone said he was going to make a complaint about us. He had parked his car right by where the fuel delivery guy fills the tanks and he was SMOKING.

When the CW said he couldn't smoke there he started arguing that he was nowhere near the pumps, and when she replied that he was right by the opening to the fuel tanks so had to put his cig out he said that he should have the right to smoke anywhere he wanted and was going to complain.

I know people can be dumb but seriously, WTF??
    I'd say it's 50/50 that corporate sides with the SC.
    I will never go to school!

Comment

There's a time to be polite and nice to an SC... that is not one of them.

My dad used to work at a gas station, and one day a guy was pumping gas while smoking. Dad dropped everything, grabbed the fire extinguisher and ran out to the pump, shouting obsenities at the top of his lungs...

"J**** F****** C***** ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL US??? PUT THAT G****** SMOKE OUT BEFORE I..." etc., etc. etc.

The guy tried to apologize, and Dad told him to get in his car and get the f*** out of there before he made him. AND he told him not to come back, and if he did it would be the last thing he did. Dad ended up paying for the gas (it wasn't much... the guy had just started pumping) because the guy left as quickly as he could.

Guy never went back to that station as long as Dad was there.
      "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth BaristaTrav View Post
        I'd say it's 50/50 that corporate sides with the SC.
        Knowing our store manager he probably would.

Comment

We had a guy threaten to go to the owners of the company because he had been told 3-times by security not to smoke outside a certain set of doors. It's the only set is a no smoking zone, because it opens to the movie theater and a child's play area (smoke blows right-in) We ended-up having to kick him out after he verbally blew-up at our customer service, then spent the next several hours making threatening phone calls to us. (He was the 'I'm a doctor/lawyer/god' type. A few weeks later he tried to get a job with us!
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Smoking at a gas sation should be an arrestable offence, coming somewhere under criminal negligence.

Hell, I'm a smoker and even I know it's a stupendously stupid idea to have something that is burning near something flammable.
            I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Well then he has the right to get blown up in a big flashy way with parts of him going here & parts of him going there & screaming while he turns into a human shish-kebob. So is that the kind of rights he wants? Give him a book of matches & stand FAR FAR way.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                Well then he has the right to get blown up in a big flashy way with parts of him going here & parts of him going there & screaming while he turns into a human shish-kebob.
                If it wasn't for the possibility of him taking innocent people with him, I'd agree with you.
                Sometimes life is altered.
                Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                Uneasy with confrontation.
                Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                  If it wasn't for the possibility of him taking innocent people with him, I'd agree with you.
                  oops...I forgot about the innocent bystanders...lol.

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                    My dad used to work at a gas station, and one day a guy was pumping gas while smoking. Dad dropped everything, grabbed the fire extinguisher and ran out to the pump, shouting obsenities at the top of his lungs...

"J**** F****** C***** ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL US??? PUT THAT G****** SMOKE OUT BEFORE I..." etc., etc. etc.
                    Too bad your dad didn't soak the guy with the fire extinguisher while yelling at him.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                      I have to agree with that 100%.

Now if we could strand that moron somewhere out in the desert where there's nothing around for several miles, then he's more than welcome to turn himself into smoked turkey.

As much as I enjoy my smokes, I'm not into blowing myself up. Be kinda hard to throw all the pieces into a Ziploc baggie and go to work the next day, ya know.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
                        Smoking at a gas sation should be an arrestable offence, coming somewhere under criminal negligence.
                        I concur! Criminal Negligence as well as endangerment of others.

Well then he has the right to get blown up in a big flashy way with parts of him going here & parts of him going there & screaming while he turns into a human shish-kebob. So is that the kind of rights he wants? Give him a book of matches & stand FAR FAR way.
                        And so help me... If any one runs to save him or start's screaming "stop drop and roll" They need to be hit. There are some people that just need to be removed from the gene pool...violently and all over the place.

((and we'll make sure to evacuate every one else first))
                        "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                        -Red

Comment

My grandpa, and many other relatives on my mom's side of the family are/used to be smokers. Fortunately, they're smart enough not to do it near flammable fuel tanks.

Heck, my grandpa was a firefighter for 30 years before retiring, and he'd probably have a stroke if he saw someone light up at a gas station.

With all the news stories about people blowing themselves because they just had to have that smoke near a flammable substance, you'd think others would've learned by now. But I guess these folks believe that the 'no smoking' signs are only a suggestion...

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                            As much as I enjoy my smokes, I'm not into blowing myself up. Be kinda hard to throw all the pieces into a Ziploc baggie and go to work the next day, ya know.
                            You're obviously just not trying hard enough then are you?
                            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRVVrGZLsz8

*Mod Edit*
                              Video shows fire at petrol station following smoking

Please add a description and appropriate text to a link!
                              Last edited by crazylegs; 04-14-2009, 02:15 PM. Reason: See what's in bold!

Comment

Working...
                              X