This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoot me now, please.

Customer comes into the Rental department. He rented out a Power Rake earlier today and wants to know, if he goes over his due-in time, if he can only pay for the extra hour or two instead of a second full day. I explain to him that we cannot charge him for just another couple hours because we do not have an hourly charge. After the first full day, it automatically goes into the next full day. He tried to bargain with me, but I know it can't be done. He finally left.

5 minutes later, I get a call from a guy in the Electrical department. Same guy asked him the same question. I told him the same thing I already told the SC. I told him if the customer wants to talk to a manager when he returns it, MAYBE they can mark it down, but I don't even know if THAT can be done.

2 minutes later (if that), one of the ASM's calls about the same customer. Asking the same questions. I explain the same thing to him. He tells me to leave a note on the guys contract to mark it down tomorrow when he returns. I tried telling him that I don't think it's possible to do a markdown like that in the Tool Rental system, but he didn't listen. These guys think anything can be done. Sorry, the system isn't set up that way.

I can just about guarantee that when the customer returns tomorrow he will be told that there is no possible way to mark it down.

Why do I bother talking when I know no one is listening?
    Last edited by sexiphatchick; 04-16-2009, 08:35 PM.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.

Please let us know when this happens.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Luckily (for me), I'm off tomorrow! So I won't be the one cleaning up the mess. But I'll definitely be inquiring about it when I come back on Sunday.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.

Comment

What did he do? Run around the store crying and pointing at you?

"Whaaaaa! Mommy, She MEAN."

Comment

Working...
        X