X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein a SC freaks me out... and gets pwned by the Boss

So, backstory:

Back in 2005 I was working part-time at a hotdog stand. The hotdog stands in my country are kínda like " kitchens on wheels" with a counter where you can stand and eat. You can order ordinary hotdogs, but you can also just order a sausage and then a roll of bread and condiments (ketchup, mustard, relish, chopped onions (this is important!) and so on) on the side.

So.....

Me:
    SC: Weird guy with an issue
    B: Über-awesome Bossman
    Italics: my thoughts

Me: Hello, how may I help you?
    SC: KNOCKWURST!!! (Yes, we do sell knockwursts, but a mere "please" after that and not bellowing it may help, hmmm?)
    Me: Sure thing, here you go. Would you like a roll of bread to go with that? (That is a spiel so it goes automatically out of my mouth)
    SC: No, you ain't got no bread! If I want bread I'll go to the baker's!
    Me:

Cue to SC engaging in a looooooong rant about WHY our hotdog stand doesn't offer WHOLEGRAIN bread (gee whiz buddy, this isn't actually haute cuisine, you're the first guy complaining about this and a mere "no, thanks" would me have shut up already!) I just nod as he goes ranting and mutter something like "I'll tell my boss about your request so maybe he can sort something out".

Finally, the SC is done and leaves. When Boss comes to take the shift I tell him about the complaint. Boss has heard of him from some of the other workers and tells me not to bother, he's just a nutcase.

Come a couple of days later...

I have a day off but come by the stand anyway. Boss is at the stand and has a big grin on his face. He says that he just embarassed the SC!

The discussion went like this:

B: Hiya, how may I help ya?
    SC: KNOCKWURST!!!
    B: Right away, would'ya like some bread with that?
    SC: *commencing long "then I'd go to the baker's" rant*
    B: Uh, ok, hm-hm.

After a while:

SC: Can I have some onion on the side?
    B: Onion?
    SC: Yes, onion!
    B: Wouldn't you have to go to a greengrocer's, then?
    SC:
    B: I thought, if you want to go to the baker's to get bread, then you'd have to go to the greengrocer's for onions, right?
    SC: I.... I...
    B: So next time you're ordering, you're gonna be polite to my assistants, RIGHT?
    SC..... *pays and leaves*

Fast forward a week later:

Me: Hi, how may I help you?
    SC: I'd like a knockwurst, please.
    Me: Sure. Would you like some bread on the side?
    SC: No thanks. I'd like some chopped onions and mustard, though.

A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Wow, I guess they can be trained!

Well, some of them, anyway.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

My Dad retired from construction (since there isn't any going on in the eastern Unites States right now) and started selling Hot Dogs. What an amazing business! He pulled down enough in a MONTH to buy a BUS! It's so cool.

Welcome to the forum!
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I think the hot dog vendors do the most business on Church Street. (Burlington) There's one here that isn't too bad. And of course being Church Street I'm sure our vendors get their share of wierd people too.

Comment

Quoth NorthernZel View Post

Fast forward a week later:

Good dog. Have a biscuit.
          "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

NorthernZel, I think that your boss is now being added to the 'Customers Suck Official List of Boss and Managers Who Need To Be Cloned'.
            "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Nice one... are you from Scandinavia, by any chance?
              You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Quoth Canarr View Post
                Nice one... are you from Scandinavia, by any chance?
                Yup, from Denmark to be more exact.
                A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Comment

Wow, we need more bosses like that!
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

SC: Can I have some onion on the side?
                    B: Onion?
                    SC: Yes, onion!
                    B: Wouldn't you have to go to a greengrocer's, then?
                    SC:
                    B: I thought, if you want to go to the baker's to get bread, then you'd have to go to the greengrocer's for onions, right?
                    SC: I.... I...
                    B: So next time you're ordering, you're gonna be polite to my assistants, RIGHT?
                    SC..... *pays and leaves*
                    WOOT! Your boss rules! Great job pwning that impolite SC!
                    Wow. They can be rehabilitated. Miracles never cease!

Great story, and welcome to
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I think most SCs, the true hardcore ones, are beyond rehabilitation, but yes, some can be trained.

And yes, it's good to know there are a few great bosses out there. Mine rock, too. (I have told numerous stories of their rockage before, so I shall refrain from that here.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                        WOOT! Your boss rules! Great job pwning that impolite SC!

Wow. They can be rehabilitated. Miracles never cease!

Great story, and welcome to

Thanks for the welcome.

Though he *did* keep on acting polite while at the hotdog stand, I've sighted him in the local area a couple of times while he was putting up posters advertising about his website full of home-brewed conspiracy theories and scream at bypassers who would dare to ask him what that's all about. So totally rehabilitated - um, no, unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                        X