Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The customer is always right? I don't think so!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Shabo View Post
    I think companies should instate a policy that sucky customers get shot on spot. I think it would solve a lot of our problems.
    That'd solve a lot more problems than just the SC one...

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Well, the blood splashes are a swine to clean up for one...

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth AnqeiicDemise View Post
        He goes, sits down with the large pizza and proceeds to inhale it all. Only when he has two pieces (out of ten) left, he hobbles over to me and says:

SC: It was burnt.
        C: excuse me?
        SC: the pizza was burnt. I demand a new one.
        C: My apologies. May I have the pizza I just gave you? I'll switch it over with a new one.
        SC: um...
        C: what's the matter sir?
        SC: I ate it.
        C: In that case, I cannot give you a new one sir.
        SC: but it was BURNT!
        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=19684

Next time someone out there has a story like this, just click this link. I think it's a great way to defeat assholes like this SC.

Comment

I just had one Sc today who tired this. First of all, he will never use the FE registers. He always bothers the Floral, Prepared Foods or Bakery people, even if the FE is dead. He buys two things. One of my co workers rings him up. His receipt looks like this:

Item 1 1.99
          Item 2 2.50

Total 4.49
          Cash 5.00
          Change 0.51

After co worker rings him up and walks away he motions me, like a dog. I go over to help the asshole, er, customer and the says "Sir, SHE run me up wrong!!" He shoves his two items in my face and I check the items price and the receipt, everything is correct. He tired to claim that Item 1 rang up wrong because the TOTAL was more than the price of Item 1. I explain the receipt and he says "well, I should get everything for free because the customer is aways right." I told him to see custoemr service. I called the CS desk to tell them the situation, a few minutes i hear the CS desk page the MOD for custoemr assistance. Yep, he complained to the MOD, repeating the custoemr is always right over and over. He finally left, saying he would call the GM and complain.

Comment

Quoth Enjis View Post
            Usually, when I call any kind of call center, I hear a recording that says something to the effect of : "This call may be monitored for Quality Assurance".
            Weren't any of these calls recorded? Couldn't any of them prove how sucky the customer was?

Geeze...I feel for you, I really do. No one should have to put up with such abuse.
            And a customer who never pays is NOT A CUSTOMER! That person is a THIEF!
            Oh, and if the call center you are calling is located in Utah, they don't have to tell you that it is being recorded... Utah law only requires one of the parties to consent to the recording... and guess what all of us (at least at the 2 call centers I've worked at) had to sign when we are hired...

At least at our place with the beautiful view of the 21st south freeway we record EVERY SINGLE CALL. We also save every single email that is sent out. So if a guest claims that their email said such and such or so and so said such and such, we can bring up exactly what was said. Also, if it is a reservation that cannot be cancelled we (are supposed to at least) make the guest agree to us making the reservation, and there is no better feeling than knowing the guest will hear their beautiful voice agreeing to the reservation.

My favorite call though was the person who booked the reservation after deadline and tried to then cancel an hour later. She did the "but I only booked it an hour ago" line. I pulled up the reservation, it had my employee number stamped in the reservation history, so I knew that she agreed to making a reservation after deadline. I calmly informed her "ma'am, I know you agreed to making the reservation knowing that it was past deadline to cancel because I'm the one who made it... oh and verint is running today so the call was recorded, I have no problem asking my supervisor to pull the call to verify what was said... i just loved hearing them sputter.
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

a zinger from shockqueen:
              sphincter scoliosis.
              OMFG! best evah, i swear!

my work also has this policy: bow to their every selfish, withered hearted whim to keep them, to include non-customers (aka, freebie whores).

i develop a selective type of 'memory loss' when dealing with some of it, which may end up getting me fired, but after all, it is the principle of the matter-you are not entitled more than what you paid for, and if you paid nothing, well...
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Man, where are those doormat managers when you actually NEED one?

My mother told me the other day about a truly awful experience she had ordering new cell phone service. She called a company that shall be known as Epic Mission and asked what sort of deals they had available and explained the plan she currently had, asking if they had a service plan that would provide the same features at a price equal to or less than she currently paid. The person she spoke to told her about a service plan that would meet her needs, and told her that the phones she could get free with the new activation were a particular model normally valued at around $150 each. My mum got all this information on the phone AND asked for the offer to be emailed to her so she would have it in writing, explaining apologetically that the last phone company she'd used would regularly offer things and then not deliver on them. The customer service person agreed and emailed her the offer for the service plan and free phones.

So her phone and her husband's phone arrive.... along with a $79.99 charge for each one on her credit card! She called the company and asked why she had been billed for the free phones, and they responded that she had been given an inaccurate offer and the phones were actually on sale for $79.99, not free with a new activation. She of course forwarded them the email from the rep promising two free phones of that model, and the company replied that they were sorry for the misunderstanding but couldn't refund the charge.

....Whaaaa?

She asked for her complaint to be forwarded to someone who COULD refund the charge, and they agree to pass it on to management.

Over a week of calling every day to get an update on the status of her complaint later, she was told that they wouldn't refund the unauthorized charge on her credit card but would credit her account for the amount she paid for the phones.

Murphy's Law of Customer Service:

Doormat managers are attracted to an equal and opposite aggressive, rude customer, while polite customers with a justified grievance are attracted to an equal and opposite aggressive, rude manager.
                My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Customer gave me the "Customers are always right" routine a few days ago, I asked, "Why?".

She left.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                    I've laughed in someone's face before. In fact, I once managed to do this in the bakery along the way from us when the customer said it to the staff there. Mind you, they were laughing at said customer as well.

Rapscallion
                    I laugh in people's faces when they ask if we have the Wii in stock.

Every day.
                    "I, too, am saddened by the lack of hookers in this thread." -LingualMonkey

Comment

• Quoth wagegoth View Post
                      All the posts about the management behavior and entitlement SCs behavior at Publix have made me determined to never shop there.
                      Bad management and pissy customers exist in every retail company to some degree. Every Publix I've ever shopped in has been a pleasant experience. Just to give you an idea of how cool they are, we have a large population of expatriate Brits where I live. The local Publix stores went out their way to make sure they stocked food from the UK expressly for UK customers. We're talking Weetabix, Jellie Babies, Cadbury Dairy Milk Bars, Heinz Baked Beans, Aero and so on.

Back to the topic at hand:

I've always held to this belief: "The customer isn't always right, but the customer is the customer." Do what you can to satisfy the customer, but move on if they attempt to be unreasonable.
                      "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

• One time my grandma (may she rest in peace) overheard me complaining about my job and the customers, and said the dreaded line. I gave her examples of when the customer was not right, and she simply refused to believe people could be like that. But I guess I can't blame her, I'm sure people we more reasonable when she was growing up.
                        Sometimes life is altered.
                        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                        Uneasy with confrontation.
                        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

• Quoth Nakajo View Post
                          I laugh in people's faces when they ask if we have the Wii in stock.

Every day.
                          I usually don't start doing that until they begin ranting about how its a plot by Nintendo to drive up demand by making it artificially scarce. After that, I tell them Nintendo only has so many assembly lines and have to fill a GLOBAL demand for the machines.
                          "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

• "The customer is always right."

"True, but a lazy, selfish scammer or thief is NOT a customer, and therefore is NOT always right."
                            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

• Quoth purplecat41877 View Post
                              Customer: I HOPE YOU'RE SATISFIED WITH LOSING ME AS A CUSTOMER! (storms off)
                              Yes, I'm sure the manager is very satisfied with losing that jerk as a customer.
                              "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                              ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

• Someone around here has a quote that sums it up so well:

"The HONEST, courteous customer is always right."

If you follow that, or the one from another poster about the customer may not always be right, but the customer is the customer, that's all you should need.

IMHO, naturally.

Comment

Working...
                                X