Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recently a NFP I volunteer at had a spring cleaning say. I was in charge of the kitchen areas. We have one full commercial kitchen withe the commercial ranges, ovens, dish washers, coolers, etc. along with one small residential kitchen with electric range, fridge, microwave, etc. and a few kitchenettes with fridge sink and microwave.

To use the full commercial kitchen requires some training on food safety since it is used for large public gatherings and whatnot. Our cleaning involved basically removing everything from the kitchen and washing it from floor to ceiling, including work areas cabinets, etc. Not hard since it is designed to get wet and has floor drains.

The other kitchens are used for community groups, and small NFP associated groups to use to have snacks during meetings. The plan was to check the kitchens and clean what was necessary seeing as any leftovers are supposed to be tossed if said group leaves it after the meeting. After discovering that some little old lady decided on their own that it was a waste and began hiding food behind/in stacks of paper plates we tossed everything in the kitchens. My favorites
    • used bread bags hidden in cupboards
    • used deli containers, only rinsed, cover in mold
    • ranch dressing that expired on 9/11/01
    • empty ketchup, soda, juice bottles
    • used Ziploc bags, one that had "chicken breasts" written on it **Puke**

We filled up three and a half 45 gallon trash cans with crud.

Comment

Working...
    X