This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, sexism, alive and well.

Well, I guess technically this guy wasn't a customer, seeing as he didn't pay for anything...

Anyways, this is how it went down:

Man in a cowboy hat, boots and Texas sized belt buckle walks into the Facility. And leaves his sunglasses on. Ok, first off dude, this is Reno, not Texas, you look like a goof, and secondly, it's cloudy and raining, what the heck do you need the glasses for??

The players:
    Me: obviously female. I got me bewbs, I swear!
    CH: Sucky guy in a cowboy hat

Me: Hello
    CH: How much is it for a senior to play basketball.
    Me: (Thinking: Seniors are not discounted here, but whatever, not everyone knows that.) It's $5.
    CH: (In a voice making it painfully obvious that he thinks such a price outragous) $5? How much for a regular?
    Me: $5 is the rate everyone pays.
    CH: What? No senior discount? That's ridiculous. Has there ever been one?
    Me: No sir.
    CH: (I bet he was rolling his eyes. He sounded like he was) That's what happens when women are in charge.
    Me:

The hell??? Before I get a chance to jumpstart my brain he storms out and drives off (naturally driving a pickup). Two seconds after he leaves my brain wakes up and I can't help but think:

All three people that have control over setting the prices here are male. What do you think of that, you backwards, sexist dingdong?

He had to have just been itching to say that all day long.....farking freak.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Tireana Dorcha View Post
      (I bet he was rolling his eyes. He sounded like he was)

Yep, he was rolling his eyes!

The sound of the eyes rolling was amplified by the echo of the hollowness of his cranium.

Mike
      Meow.........

Comment

To be fair, when I have migraines it can be bright enough to bother my eyes even on a cloudy day (today was one of those days )...but he was probably just too cool to take of the sunglasses.

And yeah, cuz it's usually the person in charge who stands at the register all day and takes your money...
        Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 05-04-2009, 12:00 AM.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

In defense of Texans, I've found that the ones who try the hardest to look like us, are the least likely be one of us.

So His Assholeness can take that belt buckle and cram it cross ways.

Comment

I have relatives who live in Texas. They do not dress in ten gallon hats, belt buckles the size of my head, or drive enormous pick up trucks blaring Toby Keith music.

Our neighborhood nut, Sheriff, wears a huge cowboy hat, belt buckle, skin tight jeans, cowboy boots that make more noise than stillheto high heels. He looks like a damn idiot.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
              I have relatives who live in Texas. They do not dress in ten gallon hats, belt buckles the size of my head, or drive enormous pick up trucks blaring Toby Keith music.
              Me too. You wouldn't know it to look at them, or to hear them talk. Granted, my aunt grew up in New Jersey but they moved to Houston when my cousin was 7; he's about 40 now. He's moved around a bit as an adult, though, too. He also plays bass in an Irish rock band.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I wear my sunglasses all the time during the day, no matter the weather.

But this guy was obviously a moron.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                  Our neighborhood nut, Sheriff, wears a huge cowboy hat, belt buckle, skin tight jeans, cowboy boots that make more noise than stillheto high heels. He looks like a damn idiot.
                  That reminded me of a bit that stand-up comic Gallagher used to do about Texans...

1) Cowboy hats are sissy hats. They are just wide brimmed women's party hats. The first thing that happens when a cowboy goes to work is his hat flies off and the last thing he does is pick it up again. Cowboys should wear footbal lhelmets.

2) Cowboys act like swaggering assholes because they know that they can't run wearing high-heels.

3) Wide brimmed hats, high heeled boots, and a scarf?
                  "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth Tireana Dorcha View Post
                    Me: obviously female. I got me bewbs, I swear!
                    hahahahahaha If I wasn't blessed to be born a male I would totally make that my quote. It reminds me of the Southpark episode where all the 6th grades want to see Stan's mom's breasts. That said it just like that bewbs!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Really, the irony of it all, I am a Texan myself. 5th generation actually. None of us dress like that. I'm well aware that those that dress like that are probably trying to fit into the cliche.

I mentioned it mostly because it just didn't fit in. Facility is mostly a gym afterall, and I do get people coming in in business suits to change, but "cowboy" atire? The rodeo's not due for another couple of months. What mother-ship did this guy come from?

No...wait...sexist...I meant: Father-ship

Comment

Working...
                      X