Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your TMI is no match for mine! (WARNING: Girly Issues)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Blade View Post
    Wow, I'm sort of surprised at this point that no one has mentioned the extra fun of taking a wicked shit *while* plopping out uterine lining!

Just sayin'....

(... and they ask why we go through so much toilet paper. Pffffft...)
    Better to get it out then than later when you're on the last bits of tampon absorbency.

One of the pill versions that I was prescribed last year was HELL. Three weeks of extremely heavy flow. I'm normally on the heavy period side, but with this I was doubling up super plus or even Ob's Ultra plus and soaking through in an HOUR. The nurse suggested Depends. I was ready to KILL her. I mean, seriously? Not a viable option. Get me something to stop this NOW!

Comment

Up until about about a year ago my husband wouldn't even go to the store with me if he knew I was getting the feminine products.

Nor would he hand me any feminine products out of the linen closet if I forgot to grab one on my way into the bathroom.

After explaining to him that those items are new & clean and aren't gross until after they get used, he finally has no problem doing either of the above mentioned things.

But I thought it was silly I had to explain that to him. I guess our girl things really are a big mystery to some guys.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
        Although it is a great way to test a boyfriend, send him off to buy tampons and sanitary pads, if he can come back with the correct stuff or if he blindly grabs something and runs =)
        I just cut out part of the label from the old package and give it to my hubby if I need him to get my supplies from the store. I've only had to do that once and yes, he got the right item with no problem.
        Though the worlds best invention is the diva cup surgical silicon,
        WHY couldn't someone have invented this about twenty years earlier?! Think of how much money I could've saved on pads!
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Cups are good if you can fit them in, nuff said.

Either way, good one on grossing those guys out. I'd never have the nerve myself....
          Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Quoth Stryker One View Post
            So if a guy wants to go "downtown" during that time, does that make him the grossest one, or her for allowing it? I tell ya, when my wife and I used to do it during that time, we could really paint the walls with the extra "lube".
            All I can say on this is... it's her responsibility to warn him ahead of time if she knows. If he agrees, then that's between the two of them.

and one of my friends told me he stopped caring... that he and his wife were on two different ships and they were both on deployment. the only time they got to see each other coincided with her period so he finally said, 'fuck it, red wings it is'

Lately I've been having to dump out my mom's crap pot. I try so hard not to barf.
            Off topic but... I'm not sure why you have one to empty out but um... ironically I actually know how to keep the stink down in one of those. Have a bucket of ashes next to it. Each time it's used, have a hand full of ashes tossed on top.

I read about that in the Legacy of Gird series. The soldiers would toss down a layer of ash in the jacks (outhouse) after each use.
            Last edited by PepperElf; 05-05-2009, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Though the worlds best invention is the diva cup surgical silicon, sterilizes beautifully, reusable and you never run out of tampons in the middle of the night/road trip/work day.
              That sounds like the moon cups Rapscallion has posted about before (although a quick search failed to locate those posts).
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                I've always called it "Riding the Cotton Pony"....

So glad I don't have to deal with a period anymore. Thank you Depo Provera, you saved my life.

Back on topic, I totally agree....guys think it's so funny and awesome when they can shit bricks and turds as big as $5 footlongs, but if a girl has her period, it's SOOO gross shut up ewww!

Me has a theory though, that if men had periods, they'd brag amongst each other over who bled the most, who used the most tampons in one hour, and pads and tampons would be funded by the government.

IF men had periods, they'd be in competition with one another on who'd have the bloodiest period of them all. High fiving each other like it would be an olympic sport.

Comment

When I was in high school, my periods were horribly painful as well as heavy. After several months where I had to miss school because all I could do was lay in bed and cry (and sometimes scream) my mother finally took me to a doctor. Yes, I may be a wimp. A 7 ounce clot is painful though.

Being the conservative, religious people they are, my parents immediately vetoed the idea of birth control- it would turn me into a slut, of course. So, after failing to convince my parents, the doctor proceeded to give me Vicodin. Mom had no problem with that, for some reason!

As soon as I moved out, I dumped the Vicodin and got some BC!

Comment

squeeee, the internal girly bits are going away on 4/19/09 ... no more red tide for me!!!!!!

And he will check various parts of my insides for any tumors, polyps, dodgy appendix ... and he is using one of the new robot surgical doohickeys too> mrDrone is going to see if he can get upstairs into the theater to watch [he is an EMT and does all my wound care]
                    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only girl who could soak through an entire super plus tampon in an hour or less.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Blade View Post
                        Wow, I'm sort of surprised at this point that no one has mentioned the extra fun of taking a wicked shit *while* plopping out uterine lining!

Just sayin'....

(... and they ask why we go through so much toilet paper. Pffffft...)
                        The real fun is in trying to decide which excrement is which.

Treat a guy to THAT and see if he ever tries to play the Gross card again.
                        "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                          The third kind: brings an empty pack from home and tries to match it; or has the exact brand and name written down on a piece of paper. (My husband.)

I pity him if the brand changes its packaging or names - but at least he'd have the old packaging and name to show the first female he finds on the sales floor!
                          That's me. I don't bring the empty pack, but I go for the packaging. And yes, if they change the color scheme, she's getting a phone call.

However, I'm one of those guys who can sympathize / do the one-up thing. Had a stent installed in one of my ureters. I was peeing bloody chunks for weeks. At least a gal's parts are built to pass large objects, eh?

And then *removing* it... they had to drag the whole damn thing out my pee hole. While I was conscious, and without even an effective anesthetic. And remember, a man's urinary tract is some 10+ inches (not centimeters, inches) longer than a woman's.

Good times. Gooood times.

But yeah, I don't mind picking up those sorts of supplies for my gal.
                          "Joi's CEO is about as sneaky and subtle as a two year old on crack driving an air craft carrier down Broadway." - Broomjockey

Comment

holy hell what a thread lol

freaking periods. now lately mines been kinda regular, coming like every 28 days...sometimes like to throw me off here or there with a 32 day...damn

cramps? oh yea, they suck. if i don't take Tylenol right away i will be in a lot of pain, so bad that if im at work, i cant work, and i have to sit. i can use a heating pad, but the next day, well its not pretty.

and i have to stay on Tylenol all day. sometimes if im lucky i get cramps the 2nd day too. i don't take midol, i heard that has caffeine

it wasn't until like 2 years ago did i start getting really bad cramps. it just really sucks. ive always used pads, idk why, i wasn't comfortable with tampons when i first started out, and haven't tried switching yet.

i feel lucky that i don't bleed so much, but i forget who else mentioned it, but that damn rush you get after sitting down? hate it, and even though you know a pads there to get it all, it still feels like its gonna miss.

damn

aunt flo's on her way in a few days, joyous

Comment

Wow, nice to see so many TMIs here!

Here, go to this board to talk about all those girly issues:

http://community.livejournal.com/tmi_chix/
                              http://www.customerssuck.com/?p=7499
                              Now appearing in comic form!

Comment

/is bleeding right now.
                                //gonna get some chamomile tea.
                                ///WHOOSH!!!!!!!!!!!

...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Working...
                                X