Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your TMI is no match for mine! (WARNING: Girly Issues)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
    Well, the one thing this thread has shone is that everyone has different body chemistry. I hope what you choose works out best for you. I think the point is to keep all options open, and choose what works best for you.
    yup. I am mainly hoping that whatever the mystery lump is, it isnt going to require more chemo. been there, did that, upchucked on the tshirt ....

but it also means that I wont get to play in the hot tub for *weeks* <whinge><pout><sulk>

not to mention showering ... eeeewwwww I hate sponge baths
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

• Quoth Cia View Post
      Add in cramps both menstrual and butt, at the same time, then you know what I go through every couple of months or so.
      Don't feel like you're alone there.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

• yeah I' praying for menopause myself!

The clot thing just about kills me, and the *(&^)&)(* gyno says "Don't worry unless they are bigger than a lemon."

WTF?
        Last edited by ParkingWitch; 05-12-2009, 08:21 AM. Reason: Dropped a word
        Meeeeoooow.....
        Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

• Quoth ParkingWitch View Post
          yeah I' praying for menopause myself!

The clot thing just about kills me, and the *(&^)&)(* gyno says "Don't worry unless they are bigger than a lemon."

WTF?
          You know, doctors are our employees, and you are not being a sucky customer to fire one and get one that works better. Quality of life is no joke. For years women have had their menstrual complaints dismissed by the predominately male profession of gynecology. Chronic pain is debillitating, and dealing with clots and cramps, and being in pain monthly for years on end is *not* acceptable. To be perfectly blunt about it, do you think a man would be happy with the same experience, or would he find a doctor that would work on dealing with the issue? As I always joked "if men went through a period every month as bad as this, they would have found a way to turn it of at puberty and turn it back on when they wanted to pop out a kid, then turn it off again" Well, they have a way to do it with norethindrone so you still have to take a pill a month, but not having to deal with the shits, the clots, bleeding out, cramps, mood swings, depression is heavenly.
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

• This thread has had me laughing my ass off the entire time.... Oh my god, I love it! thank god I'm with a guy who's not afraid of shark week (I'm so stealing that!). Sir will go and get me tampons (the right brand and type without package OR paper OR calling) if I'm too crampy or working late and can't make it to the store.... I love that man

Comment

• Quoth ParkingWitch View Post

WTF?
              You wot? A lemon? I'm assuming that as you're a girl you're built quite small, which means that a lemon could be the size of your fist?

Fun Fact #1 of today
              Your heart is about the same size as your fist.

In essence your Dr is saying "Don't worry unless this clot is larger than your heart". Can we all say Second Opinion ladies and, well, ladies?
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

• Quoth RedHeadPhoneGirl View Post
                This thread has had me laughing my ass off the entire time.... Oh my god, I love it! thank god I'm with a guy who's not afraid of shark week (I'm so stealing that!). Sir will go and get me tampons (the right brand and type without package OR paper OR calling) if I'm too crampy or working late and can't make it to the store.... I love that man
                no, true love is being stuck in bed after getting a tumor removed, that involved removing some lymph glands [or something] from the left groin pit [technically the area lovingly called the left exterior labia] which leaves an incision 4 inches long, about half an inch wide, and about an inch and a half deep that needs to be debrided and repacked daily, to pee you need to be catheterized to keep said pee off the incision and to put the cherry on top you get shark week so now the tampons need to be changed every couple hours. Rob did this for me so I wouldnt be stuck in a naval hospital for a month. [and his command actually gave him the entire month off]

Comment

• Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                  no, true love is being stuck in bed after getting a tumor removed, that involved removing some lymph glands [or something] from the left groin pit [technically the area lovingly called the left exterior labia] which leaves an incision 4 inches long, about half an inch wide, and about an inch and a half deep that needs to be debrided and repacked daily, to pee you need to be catheterized to keep said pee off the incision and to put the cherry on top you get shark week so now the tampons need to be changed every couple hours. Rob did this for me so I wouldnt be stuck in a naval hospital for a month. [and his command actually gave him the entire month off]

Not sure what else to add to that.
                  Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

<snip>Rob did this for me so I wouldn't be stuck in a naval hospital for a month.
                    WOW! that is one hell of a man!
                    Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

• Quoth Primer View Post
                      WOW! that is one hell of a man!
                      that is why I keep him ... ok, love is sort of involved too =)

His EMT training and practice assisting the idc on his boats has really come in handy=)

And he can do dishes, laundry and pick up after himself. I really *wish* i could clone him for other people.

Really, it doesnt seem hard to be close to idea, but I waded through a lot of shit relationships before I got lucky...

Comment

• Now I know who I can talk to about this sort of thing.

I seriously thought I was alone, but I'm not. Alot of the things you women described, I have too. The grouchiness,the bloating,clots bigger than the biggest coin,going through a bazillion products. Add in gassy and the weirdest cravings ever. I have to have prescription strength painkillers or ibuprofen. Nothing else works.

And yes Blade. You have described every month for me. My body decides that is the time of month to clean out my colon.

I'm starting to feel bad for Plaid. He's gonna have to deal with me.
                        "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

• Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                          OK; hands up who has special "period pants"? I do; they are super large and unsexy; which is ironic, cuz when I'm bloated, crampy and feeling sick, I feel exactly like that. X_x
                          I do, they're dark coloured anyway and older ones I wear less often. They're the ones I retire after service and stainage.
                          How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

• Enzymatic nappy (diaper) cleaners. Get the blood out like a champion.

You do have to load up on the fabric softener after soaking things in them, though.
                            Seshat's self-help guide:
                            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

• Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
                              Now I know who I can talk to about this sort of thing.

I seriously thought I was alone, but I'm not. Alot of the things you women described, I have too. The grouchiness,the bloating,clots bigger than the biggest coin,going through a bazillion products. Add in gassy and the weirdest cravings ever. I have to have prescription strength painkillers or ibuprofen. Nothing else works.

And yes Blade. You have described every month for me. My body decides that is the time of month to clean out my colon.

I'm starting to feel bad for Plaid. He's gonna have to deal with me.
                              2 days til graduation , early congratulations=)

I think the cravings are horrendous ... being diabetic I am on a pretty strict nutritional profile ... there is nothing worse than settling for celery sticks and hummus when you really want that half kilo bar of chocolate ...

On the plus side, I got given a sample of a hummus 'chip' that I think might be able to get worked in as a snack ... I think they make them out of hummus mixed with crack. They are incredibly tasty and supposedly 30% of the fat of regular chips.

Comment

2 days til graduation , early congratulations=)

I think the cravings are horrendous ... being diabetic I am on a pretty strict nutritional profile ... there is nothing worse than settling for celery sticks and hummus when you really want that half kilo bar of chocolate ...

On the plus side, I got given a sample of a hummus 'chip' that I think might be able to get worked in as a snack ... I think they make them out of hummus mixed with crack. They are incredibly tasty and supposedly 30% of the fat of regular chips.
                                I haven't had hummus chips, but the pita ones are just to die for! Everytime I get stuck at the red light, I end up not only craving stuff like chocolate or things like cheese sticks, pizza etc. but I eat like crazy.
                                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                                X