This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typhoid Gary has been spotted....

Alright, so you know with this whole scare of swine flu, right? And that washing your hands is your #1 defense against flus? Well people already treat that like a suggestion, but they also treat this thing called "Covering your mouth" like it is also an suggestion.

When you have to cough, you cover your mouth and cough into your arm. Not in my face. Not on the food. Not on the keyboard, your ARM! yet this stupid customer was literally coughing all over EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN LINE! And he tried to lean over the sneeze guard to cough on the food too! My manager told him to stop and then...HE TRIED TO COUGH IN HER FACE!!!!

Great, we're now all gonna get influenza and die. :| thank you Typhoid Gary!
    Kangaroo Squee!

Cant you get arrested for that? I know I read a few years ago about some guy who was charged for knowingly having sex after getting an STD or something and not telling his partners... and some guy who bit a cop and claimed to have AIDS (that added something to the charges, not sure who. Luckily, the guy and the cop turnd up negative)
    Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Quoth Horsetuna View Post
      Cant you get arrested for that? I know I read a few years ago about some guy who was charged for knowingly having sex after getting an STD or something and not telling his partners... and some guy who bit a cop and claimed to have AIDS (that added something to the charges, not sure who. Luckily, the guy and the cop turnd up negative)
      We covered that in one of my law classes and if I recall correctly the first guy could get reckless endangerment, and the second guy attempted murder. But that was awhile ago and I'm not a lawer.
      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Recently there was a guy up here that infected four women with HIV after he was told about his being infected; He was convicted on four charges of murder, IIRC. (Which is true, really; it just takes 5-20 years)

Comment

Absolute worst case, turn your entire body and cough or sneeze where the only place it can go is the floor. Floors are already considered 'contaminated' where food hygeine is concerned.

But yes - coughing/sneezing onto people or food is simply inconsiderate.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Digitalpotato View Post
            My manager told him to stop and then...HE TRIED TO COUGH IN HER FACE!!!!
            This guy would have gotten HIS face SLAPPED! Really hard. And then I'd have pressed charges.

Comment

For the food thing yea i think you could be.. well at the least fined/charged for it.
              cuz really if you ARE seriously ill it'dbe no different then like.. dumping poison onto food or whatever (in that you're fucking w/food to make others sick).

yea i find the whole 'not covering your mouth' while coughing just gross. I always do (or, more commonly i'll turn my head and cough into my sleeve/shoulder or wahtever).

the worst is people @my work (well i work @ a hospital so of course ppl are ill/hacking up a lung etc lol). but really. even when i've been sick i've never just coughed like phlegm and shit all over someones face.

thankfully i've never gotten anything ON me personally but i've seen coworkers get like. other peoples spit/snot etc. on their arms or uniforms or whatever.
              it's like.. we have kleenex (and in fact most ppl who are coughing so much HAVE a box of 2 w/them, supplied by the hosptial.. they are holding the box of kleenex and just... refuse to use it i guess.).

somehow i've only been sick 3 days in the 2.5 yrs i've worekd here. thankfully lol.
              Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                This guy would have gotten HIS face SLAPPED! Really hard. And then I'd have pressed charges.
                Er, I think at that point you'd've put the ball in his court.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                  Up the ante by farting in his face. You'd probably have to knock him down first.

Comment

Working...
                  X