This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Teens

[QUOTE=Jester;555487]Let's say for the sake of argument that the teens in the story really are all very well-behaved, polite, respectful young adults that merely want to gather in one place to socialize in a relaxing fashion, and they never cause trouble. Let's say also for the sake of argument that they all adhere to the teachings of their faith far better than the caller does. Let's also say, since we are building this wonderful work of fiction, that this same group has won awards for their work with the underpriveleged and disadvantaged children of the area.
    QUOTE]

That was my group when we held parties for other teens at my parents house. But it was a good thing that the parties were in the basement with a bare floor.

Guess what happens when an teen runs upstairs, grabs a large bottle of pop, then JUMPS down the two short flight of stairs to the basement and then opens the bottle. Also somehow chips and dips get on the floor. Last, for some reason the last person to leave never flushs the toilet. I hate to come back to that a week later. Even good teens make a mess when they party.

Comment

So apparently Christians are entitled to things that are off-limits to everybody else? Sorry lady, I've known too many asshole Christians and too many nice responsible atheists, Jews and Muslims that I would trust more.
      It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
      -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
        So apparently Christians are entitled to things that are off-limits to everybody else? Sorry lady, I've known too many asshole Christians and too many nice responsible atheists, Jews and Muslims that I would trust more.
        Every group, be it a religion, a race, a fan base of a certain team, a political party, a gender, a sexual orientation, a tribe of heart-eating cannibals bent on world domination, or Texans, has both wonderful members and horrible soul-sucking members. Every group has its winners and its assholes. Every group has members it would rather not be reminded of.

As an Arizona State University alum, I have Barry Bonds to embarrass me.
        I also have Pat Tillman to inspire me.

It goes both ways, with every....single....group.

Just saying.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Kids are kids, rules are rules.
          "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
          - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
            Kids are kids, rules are rules.
            ... and never the twain shall meet ...
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
              Guest: I sent an email to ask someone to please call the owner of one of your homes to see if my son could have his high school graduation party there

Me: house parties arent allowed

Guest: well I know but I am asking you to call the owner to see if an exception can be made. These are Christian students so they wont be any trouble

Me: but we dont allow house parties

Guest: Dave, you've told me that twice now and now I am asking you for the third time if someone can call and get permission from the owner
              And this is when I would say "Sure, let me go call him" surf the internet for a bit, then call back with the bad news...works great when screening calls at work. Call comes in, I ask who, lean over and ask coworker "Hey, X is on the line, you here or not?" Poor sales guys, they must wonder if my boss is ever there and not in meetings...
              So while I completely understand VRS's responses - house parties are NOT ALLOWED, sometimes it's just easier to humor the customer. Much like all you retail people "check the back just in case"
              "This isn't a home, this is a swirling vortex of entropy." - Sheldon "The Big Bang Theory"

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
                Guest: well I know but I am asking you to call the owner to see if an exception can be made. These are Christian students so they wont be any trouble
                BWAAHAHAHA!!

I was once in a hotel with 3 groups: the rugby league championships (multiple rugby teams), the science fiction convention, and the nuns convention.

I knew people in both the rugby and S.F. groups, so it was a lot of fun for me.

Guess who trashed not one but two rooms and even managed to break the door right off, frame and all? The nuns.

Christian does not equate to "no trouble".

Good call on the "no parties".

Comment

I'm gonna have to back up the comments about Repressed teens with minimal supervision, and I'm basing this off reports from a friend who's 'married to the Mouse' in Orlando.

You wanna see teens running rampant in ways that make even De Sade blush? Go to the 'faith' events in the Orlando theme Parks. Tons of arrests every evening, or so I hear.

Second only to CheerLeader Competition time....

Comment

yeah...the more sheltered and strict the environment, the more rebellious and wild the kid is...that's human nature. you tell a kid not to touch a hot stove and the first thing they do is touch it...you forbid sex, drugs and rock and roll, and they seek out the most intense parties...or make their own.

Mom, you need to study harder.

Comment

What does she think a bunch of unsupervised teenagers in someone else's vacation home are going to do? Sit around drinking tea and discussing the Bible?

Comment

aparently that's all they did in the fifties when she was young....why should it be different now?

psshhhh...time schmime...*rolls eyes*
                        Last edited by WhiteRose; 06-10-2009, 10:52 PM. Reason: i fail at emote coding

Comment

Working...
                        X