X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate this man grrrr

Hi everyone, this is my first post.

Right so im working at the counter,big q, only two of us on.I'm serving this woman and her husband is standing way behind her but definately not in the . Once i've finished with the woman, I say "next please" as you do but this man decides he is next, here is waht happpened.

me:
    sc: stupid customer
    im:interveening man
    nc:nice customer

me: sorry sir, you'll have to go to the back of the q
    sc: but I was with her (points to wife)
    me: mabye but you were definately not in the q
    scputs on angry eyes) BUT I WAS WITH HER!!!
    me:no but you were in the q:

(this continues for a while)

sc: listen, just do as your ffing told!

(i make funny eye movements so he gets annoyed even more)
    He looks as if he is about to punch me so I just get on with the transaction and practically throw the money at him.
    (At this point interveening man comes up)

im: you were in front of me, I know why you are getting annoyed.

WHAT!!! he just skipped in front of at least 12 people, ARE YOU BLIND MAN!!!.

The two stupid idiots then leave.
    here comes nice customer

nc: What an idiot
    me: I totally agree

End of story

I sometimes get some abuse from people but I hate it so much when people shout and swear and get what they want, I really do.

I really wanted to punch this guy sooo hard.

End of rant, that was waaaay longer than I expected.

P.S how in gods name do you spell q properly.

Queue.

And welcome to CS!

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

kyoo?

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

So guy #2 was perfectly happy that the SC just queue-jumped in front of him? Weird guy.

Comment

It's like the time at Christmas when we had a HUGE queue building up at the post side of the shop (thats where most of the SC's go I think), and we have a sign hanging from the ceiling say Queue Here with arrows pointing down. Three tills going it is better to have the one line, that way it is first in first served. So I arrived on the till and noticed a second and possibley third line building, so I say loud enough for everyone to hear (and I thought in a cheery voice) "Can everyone please go into one line" and indicated the queue sign and the larger line. Of course one customer was offended by this and she decided to have a go at me, whle I was serving another customer. Turns out it was her husband, but I didn't realise that. Ended up getting a CW to get the manager as I didn't want to interrupt serving the customer who I thought was in no way related to her.

I do understand that in a few "professional" stores, or rather those that provide more of a service than goods, that you may have a rope or something to show you were to line up, but the layout of our store doesn't allow this, it tends to cut off part of the store, this happens even when it is just a line of people. Manager ended up putting a line of red tape on the floor, which ended up lifting and peeling off. Now we have a nice black line, sticky floor plus dirty shoes...
          Began work Aug as casual '08
          Ex-coworkers from current place of work: 26ish
          Current co-workers at current place of work: 15ish - yes he just hired 3 more casuals
          Why do I still work there again?

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            kyoo?
            I spell it L-I-N-E
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

What part of line cutting is not cool do these SC's not understand?! Welcome to the boards!
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Q?

Welcome to the boards, lilstu!

Comment

I spell it l-i-n-e too. Did I mention I'm lazy?!

And welcome welcome welcome!
                  "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                    I spell it L-I-N-E
                    I really like that sqelling better. I actually have to spell queue fairly frequently because I work in a call center...my keys get to tapping out of control and I will inevitably type queueue
                    Tamezin

Comment

Quoth ottid View Post
                      Manager ended up putting a line of red tape on the floor, which ended up lifting and peeling off. Now we have a nice black line, sticky floor plus dirty shoes...
                      Believe you me, that still doesn't help. I think the only way you can get them to comprehend that there's only one line and where it is is to station someone out there with a cluex4 to smack 'em upside the head.

Comment

Quoth lilstu50 View Post
                        sc: listen, just do as your ffing told!
                        That kind of tone from customers never goes over well for me. Their merchandise gets removed from the counter, and they get told to go elsewhere. I don't care if they complain that I refuse to serve them or not. The only thing that keeps me from telling them exactly where they can go is that I am on the clock.
                        The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

If he was "with" his wife, why on earth didn't they pay together. Seperate money is seperate customer in my books. and when it comes to a queue it is not kindergarten, you cannot save a spot for your friend. Grrrr.
                          Common sense is not that common.

Comment

Quoth tamezin View Post
                            my keys get to tapping out of control and I will inevitably type queueue
                            I end up typing Banana-na-na (Doot doo, doo doo doo! Banana-na!)

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                            kyoo?
                            Kyoo-t?
                            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                            X