This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "That's what you get for donating to a cancer boy!"

This happend to my CW the other night while I was on my break. These two chicks come in and I dunno if you guys in retail have to suggestive sell stuff to customers? Like every month we get new things to put on our counters to try and sell it to customers. It's usually candy or a drink or something. Well this month it's 99 cent iced teas.

CW: - really nice coworker
    AB: Awful bitch
    ABF: Awful Bitch's friend.

CW: "Just to let you know, we have these iced teas on sale for 99 cents! They're really good."
    AB: "Ya know, a while ago, they had some iced tea on sale somewhere else to raise money for this freakin cancer boy...and it tasted like shit!"
    ABF: "Well, that's what you get for donating to a fuckin' cancer boy!"
    CW:

Two bitches leave cackling. CW told me and my manager later on. She was almost in tears. Apparantly her grandmother just died this past summer from cancer. I have now lost the very little faith I had in humanity.

One of these days, one (or both) of them will be visited by Karma for that kind of behavior.

And I'm sure Karma won't be happy about it either.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

hm....do you happen to work at a certain drugstore that has a color in the name? if so....so do i....i work in Cos, but when i give breaks, i dont bother asking about the tea or brownies. i ask if they want to donate $1 to the American Cancer society. i wonder how she would have reacted if your CW asked her both things....

Comment

I do actually! I know, I just felt so damn bad for her. I was working in the lab that night.

How are the brownies selling at your store? We ordered about thirty cases of them weeks ago, and they still haven't arrived! We're kinda thinking the warehouse is out.

Comment

I wonder how that SC knew what shit tastes like.

Comment

You don't need to wait for Karma to come down on people like that. Eventually, actual people take care of that sort of bitchiness. I mean, are people who say horrible stuff like that really happy, or is saying stuff like that what makes them happy?

I've run my mouth a few times, and it's bit me in the ass enough times where I know I don't need Karma to run over me. The embarrassment is enough of a lesson.

Comment

We just started suggestive seeling. We didn't use to, but since our competitors are doing it, it must be a good idea!

And to the ladies! Go die of cancer.

Comment

Here's something else to think about--they're bitching about donating to cancer victims. Anyone want to bet when *they* get cancer...they'll start bitching about how "nobody's donating?"
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                  Here's something else to think about--they're bitching about donating to cancer victims. Anyone want to bet when *they* get cancer...they'll start bitching about how "nobody's donating?"
                  My guess is that they will be the first ones to bitch and play the Cancer Card everywhere they go.

People like that are pathetic, sorry to say.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth bookishfreak View Post
                    How are the brownies selling at your store? We ordered about thirty cases of them weeks ago, and they still haven't arrived! We're kinda thinking the warehouse is out.
                    ehh we are more focused on getting donations, alot because our store manager promised us a barbeque at the end of th emonth if we sell a certain amount. i know, kinda selfish, but it benefits everybody involved!

but our suggestive sells don't really don't move at my store. my store is kinda tucked away on a street, and we are lucky to earn $3500 at the front register on any given day. we are a really old store, store number 518 out of over 6000. so most people forget we are there. they go to on eof the other 5 stores that are in the city, or plan on going to the store that is going to open in august just five minutes away from mine......7 stores in a city of 100,000 people.

Comment

Quoth Ljt09863 View Post
                      ehh we are more focused on getting donations, alot because our store manager promised us a barbeque at the end of th emonth if we sell a certain amount. i know, kinda selfish, but it benefits everybody involved!

but our suggestive sells don't really don't move at my store. my store is kinda tucked away on a street, and we are lucky to earn $3500 at the front register on any given day. we are a really old store, store number 518 out of over 6000. so most people forget we are there. they go to on eof the other 5 stores that are in the city, or plan on going to the store that is going to open in august just five minutes away from mine......7 stores in a city of 100,000 people.
                      We have a new policy in our district. We have ask everyone about the suggesive sells. If we forget, they get the item free. Happens once, we get a verbal warning. Twice, we get written up. Three times and we get sacked. On the bright side, I sold three smooth away today. Dollar PMS!

Comment

you mean to tell me you had faith in humanity once? I no longer remember that time...
                        I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

These days, I have more faith in UV vodka and my trusty black leather panties than humanity.
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

The more I hear more about this kinda stuff, the less faith I have in humanity.
                            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                            X