This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
    Working graveyard shifts suck, but on the bright side you have little to no members of management up your ass all day (especially the ones on the higher rungs of the ladder) and you can chill out.
    Yep, none at all. Plus there's no cameras out in the tent, so it is really relaxing in a way. But it's the only pros really. Everything else about it sucks. I even sat there and watched a guy literally walking all over the parking lot looking for any money that was dropped.

Comment

I always hated working graveyard shifts at a previous convenience store job. It was one of the only two places open 24 hours in a small town of 5000-6000. My customers all night were either third shift factory workers or the dreaded drunks, junkies, and just plain weird. The factory workers were fine because they got their gas, cigarettes, snacks, coffee, or whatever, and left without incident. Plus, they usually helped me keep an eye on the undesirables when they spotted them. Then, there was the other customer category -- the drunks, druggies, and just plain weird that I would have gladly shot on sight if it was legal as I considered them a waste of humanity. Plus, being perpetually sleep-deprived and half tired all the time from being stuck on graveyard shift made me very intolerant of the least of their bullshit. I'm so glad I don't do graveyard shift at this c-store job.
      The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        Don't bet on that list being the only list.

I made a comment that if you were planning to use a fan to communitcate, it would be best to make sure anyone you tried to 'speak to' was using the same dialect.
        Or, preferably, no dialect at all... See, when people ask me important queastions, I answer, to the point of being way too forthcoming with information, once their eyes glaze over, I stop.
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
        X