• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check out pet peeves

Lady checks out today and of course I am working the desk

Guest: hi I am checking out

Me: Ok I just need your keys

she hands them to me

Guest: oh I have a list of things I need to report to you and it really didnt bother us but you might want to look at for the next people
    First, I noticed the wood floors are very scuffed up and also the icemaker works but it is very slow and there are threads coming out of the bedspread in the master bedroom and the window in the second bedroom is covered in fingerprints....arent you going to write this down?

Me: Oh yes I'm sorry

Guest: ok well we had a great stay oh but I better mention to you those drapes in the living room are very worn and it didnt bother me but it might bother the next people.

Me: got it

As soon as she walked out, I threw the piece of paper out

it got the attention it deserved: file 13.

people just have to complain about something, no matter how insignificant.

worn drapes, oh the horror; i couldn't sleep at night, because those frayed ends kept me up with their raggedness.
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

At least this SC didn't demand (and probably get one--courtesy of Dave's linguini-spined supervisor) a refund.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

... right...it "didn't bother" them...
        ...I think the only time I have ever made mention of something at the front desk upon checking out was this previous weekends stay....

The day we were leaving one of the ferrets managed to get under the hotel bed, so we had to lift it up to pull her out.... guess what we found! A crack pipe! YEY! ... so we let the front desk know....
        "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
        -Red

Comment

I'd hate to hear the list of things that DID bother them. How very sweet of them to care about the "next people."

You know that when you hear things like:

I don't mean to be rude, but
          I'm not complaining, but
          Please don't be offended, but
          I hope you won't take this the wrong way, but

etc., it ain't gonna be good. And they mean it ... even if they tack on that all important "just kidding" at the end.
          I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
            ... right...it "didn't bother" them...
            ...I think the only time I have ever made mention of something at the front desk upon checking out was this previous weekends stay....

The day we were leaving one of the ferrets managed to get under the hotel bed, so we had to lift it up to pull her out.... guess what we found! A crack pipe! YEY! ... so we let the front desk know....
            Ferret? You brought a ferret with you? I used to have ferrets until almost a year ago, when I had to move to another apartment (old one was kicking out everyone for renovations) and the new place didn't allow caged pets of any kind.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
              and there are threads coming out of the bedspread in the master bedroom
              Makes me wonder if they're an actual defect or if it's part of the bedspread. Like little tassels or w/e you want to call them.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

VRS, I wouldn't be too hard on this one... compared to your usual bunch, she's a freakin' model customer that your other renters and owners would do well to emulate!

SirWired

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                  At least this SC didn't demand (and probably get one--courtesy of Dave's linguini-spined supervisor) a refund.
                  that's what I was thinking.

It's sad that, for VSR's posts, we consider any customer as being nice because their complaints weren't rude or EWish.

Makes me wonder how he's gotten by without killing them.

Comment

Obviously I wasn't there so don't know if the customer was fishing for some compensation in this case.

But personally I will on occasion if warranted let the staff of a hotel know at check out if there is a problem with something in the room. I've never encountered something that was a major inconvienence for me, but for example a TV remote that wasn't working (I was only there for the night so it didn't bother me but a friendly heads up that they might want to change the batteries I thought would help.

Plus with what seems to be a lot of VRS's customers I'm sure one of them would get upset about faded drapes or a scuffed floor!!

Comment

I dunno...
                      She might actually be helping to nip things in the bud by reporting them. Scuffed floors can get damaged (I'm assuming they're wooden) if they're not buffed or polished or re-varnished regularly.
                      If the icemaker is slow, it couldn't hurt to get it checked out - maybe the mechanism is slowly giving up the ghost.
                      Threads coming out of the bedspread COULD be tassels, but could also be that the bedspread is worn and old and may need replacing. Worn drapes - if they're really worn, all it needs is a small tug for a hole to appear.

Don't the properties get inspected/cleaned before and after people lease them? Or is that up to the property owner?
                      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                        I dunno...
                        She might actually be helping to nip things in the bud by reporting them. Scuffed floors can get damaged (I'm assuming they're wooden) if they're not buffed or polished or re-varnished regularly.
                        If the icemaker is slow, it couldn't hurt to get it checked out - maybe the mechanism is slowly giving up the ghost.
                        Threads coming out of the bedspread COULD be tassels, but could also be that the bedspread is worn and old and may need replacing. Worn drapes - if they're really worn, all it needs is a small tug for a hole to appear.

Don't the properties get inspected/cleaned before and after people lease them? Or is that up to the property owner?
                        As nitpicky as those complaints seem I admit that I do agree with Rads on this one, especially with the ice machine. I'm just surprised that the customer didn't throw bitch fits or make EWish demands.
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I will admit this lady was not the least bit rude or demanding.....it was just really annoying because these were such nitpicky things but you all are right, perhaps she was trying to save us an ass chewing by an EW who would make a fuss about these things. Having said that, if it werent those things, the EW would find something else to fuss about.

Comment

well, i see it as like a dvd i rented once.
                            i liked it but there was one section where it was scratched and skipped. not badly enough that i couldn't figure out what happened.... but bad enough that i told them about it when i returned it. they offered a refund but since i only missed out on like 2 minutes, i declined it.

Comment

Working...
                            X