This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
    Customer then told me she worked in retail and that the only things that could be recalled was medicine and that I had to sell her the frames. Yea, sure -- whatever you say Miss. O.o
    And I worked for over four years doing automobile recalls. If I had only known...
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I can only imagine how much crap I'd be in even if I COULD sell recalled items for such a low price. It's recalled for a reason. We get candle holders and furniture recalled because of safety issues. Probably cheaper to not sell than to have a law suit.

Although we have these actually rather cute little glass containers that are for our display only. We sold them a few years ago, but their skus are now "DO NOT SELL" and they don't have tags on them anyways. People want to buy them all the time, since they are just plain, simple, anywhere from 4" to 16" glass containers that could be used as a vase or hurricane. I had a lady complain and throw a fit to everyone in my store because apparently I wouldn't sell them to her. I wasn't trying to be a bitch, I had no physical way of ringing it out when theres no sku/price/go ahead to ring it out. She took it to corporate. We never heard anything else but apparently she stopped going to our stores because of it. My store manager even heard the story so the 'stupid little girl' that said she couldn't have them was :gasp: RIGHT! Maybe Im just bitter but there is a difference between privately owned businesses as opposed to corporate when it comes to certain issues. Well what the heck apparently I'm always wrong.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
        I'm just wondering why something that can't be sold to anyone is on the salesfloor in the first place...and with a price tag/sticker on it.
        I thought for a moment this would be something I heard about on another list- Michael's is overhauling their yarn. The yarn the lady bought rang for a penny ea, teh cashier said No, so she called corp and they said she could buy it for a penny a skein.

In the case of Michael's the ones I have been in have never been what I would called Heavily Staffed. They may not have teh manpower to get over there and do a major pull in teh yarn section.

Comment

Working...
        X