Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

....and why is it OUR fault that YOU screwed up?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ....and why is it OUR fault that YOU screwed up?

I seem to run in to a fair share of customers who expect me to fix a problem that was entirely their fault to begin with....

But it's not opened...

SC: Yeah I wanted to find out about returning this game, I got it like two months ago and I guess it fell in behind my car seat and I forgot about it, it's still in the packaging.
    Me: Well sir, unfortunately our return policy is only 30 days, seeing as you are well outside that the only thing you could do is trade it in?
    SC: How much would I get for it?
    Me: $XX
    SC: That's it??? That's crazy, the game is still sealed.
    Me: But you are outside our return policy.
    SC: But it's sealed.
    Me: Yes but you've had it too long for us to refund you.
    SC: But it's STILL PACKAGED!!
    Me: It is but that doesn't change the fact we are still almost 60 days removed from the purchase date, that's far too long for a refund.
    SC: Fine. *grabs game and storms off*

Fail

This guy I spoke to on the phone.

SC: Yeah I bought a game there just before Christmas and I've been playing it with my buddy and I just noticed we're missing a disc. There are supposed to be 2 but I only got one, if I come by can you give me the other one. (wow, just wow, it took this genius FIVE FREAKING MONTHS to realize he was missing a game disc??) I don't have a receipt. (and there's the icing on the cake)
    Me: Well without a receipt there's really nothing we can do. All you could do is buy another copy of the game and unfortunately I'm sold out at the moment.
    SC: So you can't do a damned thing for me??
    Me: Not with the purchase being 5 months ago you not having the receipt.
    SC: Man that sucks, so how am I supposed to get that other disc.
    Me: You'd have to buy another copy of the game.
    SC: Man that's stupid. *click*

I hate to say I told you so...

Another phone one.

SC: I bought a used Xbox 360 from you people about six months ago and I didn't buy the extra warrant and now I got red rings on this thing. I know I don't have the warranty but is there anything you can do? I called Microsoft and they want a bunch of money to repair because I bought it used.
    Me: We can only do defective returns up to 30 days, if it's been six months, all we can do is take your broken one in on trade.
    SC: And how much will you give me for it?
    Me: $XX
    SC: That's it?! That's bullshit! I just bought this from you people SIX months ago! Surely you can do better than that.
    Me: Unfortunately we can't, you chose not to get the extended warranty and only the 30 day coverage. It's well outside of 30 days.
    SC: So all you can give me is $XX to trade it in?
    Me: I'm afraid so.
    SC: What a damned rip off, I'll guess I'll try to find someone local to fix it because you people are NO help. *click*

And finally an EW...

yes another phone one, my CW had to refer this call to me because the lady told him she wanted to speak to manager.

SC: I bought a new 360 from you guys three weeks ago and it says on the receipt that you only allow returns within 30 days with all original packaging.
    Me: That's correct.
    SC: Well, I LOST the box.
    Me: <silence>
    SC: <silence>
    Me: and?
    SC: And? I just told you I lost the box, I'm asking if I can return this without the box, my son has decided he wants to get a Playstation 3 instead.
    Me: Well ma'am you just quoted the policy to me, returns within 30 days with original box. I might also add the policy is for DEFECTIVE returns only, not product exchanges.
    SC: We'll it's not working then. How much are your PS3s?
    Me: It doesn't work like that ma'am, even if your console was malfunctioning all we could is replace it with another Xbox AND since you don't have the box I'm afraid we can't do a return for you.
    SC: Now wait just a damned minute, the guy who sold me this told me I could bring it back within 30 days and exchange it for something else it I wasn't happy with it and now you won't honor that?
    Me: Who's name is on the receipt?
    SC: J (she's our assistant manager)
    Me: Well she's our Assistant manager and she knows the policy very well, I highly doubt she would have told you that.
    SC: Well she did! You need to honor what she said! I'm the customer and it's your job to satisfy me!
    Me: I cannot authorize your return ma'am, you may either return tomorrow and speak with J or I can give Store Manager K a call and get back to you.
    SC: But you are the manager.
    Me: I'm the manager on duty right now, not the store manager.
    SC: Fine, call the store manager and then call me back. You people have NO right to treat me this way.

So I call SM, who immediately shoots down the return. I write down the corporate number as I got a feeling I'll be needing it and call SC back.

Me: Ok I just spoke to Manager K and he said there's no way we can do this return for you. You can come by tomorrow to speak to J if you wish.
    SC: No, I want this fixed now and I want my money back now!
    Me: Like I said ma'am, Manager K told me we cannot do this return for you under any circumstances.
    SC: Fine, give me the number to your corporate office! (see? I knew I'd need it )
    Me: It's 1-800-PND-SAND
    SC: And they are open right now?
    Me: Yes, ma'am.
    SC: Good, I'm not going to let you bastards get away with this. *click!*

I was worried that corporate was going to get our regional manager involved in this , who would then tell us to do the return, but this happened about a week ago and nothing else has come of it. I wonder if maybe, just maybe, corporate stood their ground for once...
    Last edited by CrazedClerkthe2nd; 05-15-2009, 10:25 PM.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
    I'm the customer and it's your job to satisfy me!

"No Ma'am. That's your husband's job. The poor bastard....."

Mike
    Meow.........

Comment

Too bad you couldn't tell them that their lack of forethought was not my fault.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
        Me: It's 1-800-PND-SAND
        1-800-Pond Sand?

If I had a CS hotline I would like it to be 1-800-SAND-IN-VAG
        !
        "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Pound not pond...

Me: Well without a receipt there's really nothing we can do. All you could do is buy another copy of the game and unfortunately I'm sold out at the moment.
          SC: So you can't do a damned thing for me??
          ... I guess he missed the part where you said you were also sold out... heh.

and i love (not) how they start quoting variations of the "customer is always right" when they don't get their way.
          Makes me think that THEY should get customers where they work demanding EVERYTHING in the store is free because... "I'm the customer and the customer is always right!!!!eleventy!!!!" just like they did....

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
            "No Ma'am. That's your husband's job. The poor bastard....."

Mike
            http://instantrimshot.com/
            "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I have receipts for every piece of electronics I've purchased in the last 3 years that cost more than $100. >.>

The boxes too if it cost more than $200.

But than again, I'm not functioning on the same mental plain as sand paper.

Comment

GK you evil son of the devil... WHY THE HELL DID I CLICK ON YOUR SIG!?!?!?
                http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
                Melody Gardot

Comment

Quoth Panigg View Post
                  GK you evil son of the devil... WHY THE HELL DID I CLICK ON YOUR SIG!?!?!?
                  Muahaha. I was waiting for a victim. ;p

All my friends and 2 coworkers despise me already.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                    Muahaha. I was waiting for a victim. ;p

All my friends and 2 coworkers despise me already.
                    I don't know why, that was awesome. I'm such a glutton for punishment I even clicked on some of the related videos.

Note: This opinion is to be left open, free to be altered upon further review of that mix in my head for the next 8 hours
                    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
                    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

slapping away your troubles...

that sounds like something vince might do

Comment

Quoth Mnemjian View Post
                        1-800-Pond Sand?

If I had a CS hotline I would like it to be 1-800-SAND-IN-VAG
                        Actually, i believe it was meant to be along the lines of 1-800-POUND-SAND. Thats what I immediately thought of when i read it.

Meaning, of course, a futile effort.
                        "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
                        ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

Quoth Munkie View Post
                          Actually, i believe it was meant to be along the lines of 1-800-POUND-SAND. Thats what I immediately thought of when i read it.

Meaning, of course, a futile effort.
                          Aha! Thanks for the explanation. I knew there was a joke in there somewhere...
                          !
                          "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Yeah I was going for pound sand, it seems to be a pretty common expression around here.
                            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Does it not strike anyone else as suspicious that the first guy would buy a game, forget about it in his car for 2 months, then try to return it having never even opened it?

I mean, if I was interested enough in a game to buy it, I'd probably wanna play it at some point. Sounds to me like he was trying to get cash for a stolen game.
                              Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X