This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Reyneth View Post
    Anyone else thinking that this lady wanted a room for umm....illicit activities....and didn't want a credit card trail to the actual purchase?
    In this case, probably not actually (and I'm usually the one who defaults to the hooker assumption )...without saying which hotel I'm at, I will say that it's legendary to the people who go there, to the point that people worldwide know of it. There are people who got married here, and who have come back every year for anywhere between 10 and 70 years, and who hold every business meeting/lunch/dinner here. That said, with that many people, we sell a LOT of gift cards, some people just don't understand that rates can change on a daily basis.

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    he's already stolen at least one fanboy
    I DO still have my Utah Love Crew, don't I?
    "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
    "What IS fun to fight through?"
    "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
      I DO still have my Utah Love Crew, don't I?
      Yeah... like most things Utahn, it takes a while to get rid of us... recurring flareups are mostly noted in women who are pregnant or nursing, though.

I think there's a pill to get rid of that now...
      Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Quoth Megg View Post
        Yeah, that one was definitely giggle-worthy ... maybe we need to find out what podunk airline serves Nunavut and send the FA's and CSR's a link.

:shudder: Please don't do that.
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Megg View Post
          Yeah, that one was definitely giggle-worthy ... maybe we need to find out what podunk airline serves Nunavut and send the FA's and CSR's a link.
          After the infamous polar-bear-in-hotel-window picture (and other people located said hotel), I tried to see how one would fly to Nunavut. Sadly, I did not find a way. Then again, I only spent about 5min on various travel sites, and I am not familiar with Canadian airlines. I'm sure someone else on here has the google-fu and curiosity to continue the quest...
          "This isn't a home, this is a swirling vortex of entropy." - Sheldon "The Big Bang Theory"

Comment

I tried, and then realised I didn't actually know where in Canada Nunavut was. Guess I should have done that first

So I wiki-ed, and decided that they may not have flown, they may have chartered a boat. I'm not sure on the ice flows at this time of year, but I'm guessing it is defrosting/has defrosted...
            Began work Aug as casual '08
            Ex-coworkers from current place of work: 26ish
            Current co-workers at current place of work: 15ish - yes he just hired 3 more casuals
            Why do I still work there again?

Comment

Well, TripAdvisor seems to have found several ways to get from LAX to Nunavut through Iqaluit.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                Well, TripAdvisor seems to have found several ways to get from LAX to Nunavut through Iqaluit.

^-.-^
                How many involve the words, "Parachute in the direction of the cluster of dwellings" or "Carry ready bear protection gear"?
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                  How many involve the words, "Parachute in the direction of the cluster of dwellings" or "Carry ready bear protection gear"?
                  Alas, I cannot answer that question.

Mostly because I'm so not interested in actually visiting Nunavut, so I didn't actually look.

... it's all that snow and ice... I don't do well in extreme cold...

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                  X