This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herpes!

A customer brought a dog into our pub garden. That's a big no-no for obvious reasons. Customers seem to think that just because the dog is outside it doesn't count. It's still on our property, so it does count and they can take fido somewhere else!

Now this thread isn't devoted to the owner of the dog, but the customer who reported him. Maybe this should go in Brain Burps, but the guy was also a jerk as well as stupid.

SC: There's a dog in the garden!
    Me: OK I'll...
    SC: I thought dogs were not allowed here!
    Me: They are not. I will just go have a word...
    SC: A dog shouldn't be here!
    Me: I know, I will just...
    SC: It could bite me! What if it has herpes?!?!
    Me: Herpes? Don't you mean rabies?
    SC: Same thing!

The customer with the dog was OK, they left right away.

The dog didn't look as though it had herpes.

A very wise person once said there is a Simpsons quote for every occasion. Here's this one's:

I don't want to hit a sore spot, but can we talk about herpes? Herpes herpes, bo-berpes, banana, fana fo-ferpes -- her-pes! Ow! Hey, that spot on Gorbachev's head? Herpes, trust me! Anybody here have herpes? Huh? Huh?

You people are the worst audience I've ever seen.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

That's awful! Herpes does NOT equal rabies! And the guy was a jerk, he shouldn't have yelled at you, as you probably didn't know the dog was out there.

Also, crml, I just want you to know that I did, in fact, google "canine herpes" because of this post. I was curious to see if it was anything similar to feline herpes, which is not a reproductive disorder but a respiratory disease.

It's not.
      It's like the people in Vegas who have sex in video-monitored elevators.. -MoxisPilot
      The elevators are monitored?!!! OH CRAP!!! -Sheldonrs

Comment

Don't you guys remember a thread from about a year or so ago?

"It's not a dog, it's a Yorkie!"
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

What a dolt. Herpes =/= Rabies.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

WOW, herpies and rabies?! Two very different things sir.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post

I remember it!
              Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Soooo, I guess we have to stop having unprotected sex with squirrels? Damn.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post

Here it is:

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ghlight=yorkie

Comment

Hee, that's some intense denial about their DOG.

Of course, in defense to animal lovers, I was once gushing about 'my baby' to a coworker when another walked by and congratulated me, wanting to know when I'd had a child. I had to tell her I was talking about my dog (Pug named Gizmo), who (when alive) was like my child, my loving companion and best friend.

*Sniff* I loved my dog more than anything. But, I knew where the line was in regards to where it was appropriate to take him. As much as I loved him, he WAS NOT Human. Though, a lot of times I'd rather be in the company of animals than Humans (or at least customers!).

He did shed a lot though. After being on the vet's table, there'd be a pug-shaped outline of fur.
                    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

"It might kiss me! What if it has herpes?!?!"

"Aw, the worst you could get is prob'ly mono. So I say. 'Go For It!'"

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                        *Sniff* I loved my dog more than anything. But, I knew where the line was in regards to where it was appropriate to take him. As much as I loved him, he WAS NOT Human. Though, a lot of times I'd rather be in the company of animals than Humans (or at least customers!).

He did shed a lot though. After being on the vet's table, there'd be a pug-shaped outline of fur.

I know what you mean. Pablo was my baby, but I was well aware of the fact that he was a dog.

Also, while cleaning up my desk on Friday before leaving for a week+ vacation, I noticed that there was cat hair stuck to my chair (I don't even live with the cats; I usually see them once a week or so at my parents'). I looked a little closer and noticed a shorter, brown hair worked into the fabric...a Pablo hair.
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

wow, not just a jerk but an idiot; herpes=keep it forever. rabies=dead if not treated.

big difference in the outcome, buddy and one you should know about.
                          look! it's ghengis khan!
                          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I vacuum my apartment once a week. It is a wee sized apartment. We're talking a one bedroom that's just slightly more then 500 sq ft. I have 2 border collies who require me to empty my vacuum twice before I'm done. Although... I vacuum more then just the floor, so maybe it's cuz I'm borderline *OCD when it comes to my house looking nice.

*The best part about this, I have the irrational fear that my house won't look nice for guests. The kicker? I don't usually have friends over because they tend to make more mess for me to clean up.
                            "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Now we know the real reason why Atticus shot that dog in To Kill a Mockingbird.
                              It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                              -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Working...
                              X