This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein I perform a manicure while in call

As some of you know by most of my posts, I am often calling our members to advise them of changes in their service times. Such calls, as long as there is no issues...i.e. they are pissed or they have more instructions they feel they need to give or questions they need to ask, these calls should take less than 30 seconds.

A few mintues ago, I should've had one of these 30 seconds or less calls...but the member, whose been with us for over 30 years, decides he wants to talk more. Not about the call today at all. Just talk.

First he started with, "I love your company! They have always helped me out so much! YOu know, I've been with you nearly 20 or 30 years now!"

Me, "Yes, I see that! We thank you for your long membership and I am happy that we can help you today!" Thinking I was going to wrap up the call...but I was wrong.

He presses on. "You know, several years ago I was working at a hospital and I was living in this attic apartment. I had gone home in the evening and when I went to leave the next morning, I discovered my keys were locked in my car. Now, this was in <snows-like-hell-in-the-winter-time-cheeseheadwearing-state> but the driver came out to help me. He was an old man, long white beard, and he couldn't open it the first way he tried it, but he went to his truck and came back and made a key! He got me in my car in less than eight minutes! Can you believe that?!?!?!"

Me, "That's great!" I grab my nail file and start filing my nails, "Our drivers are pretty amazing!" Thinking for sure he was done...

Nope.

He continues, "Sure they are...unless they are Irish!"

Me -

He explains, "I'm just kidding with you! You know, <my real name which was given at the beginning of the call> is Irish...well, its actually Scottish!"

I sort of zoned out at this point...but caught the end where he was saying something like, "...the problem between the Irish and the Scottish? The Irish would bend their knee for the king! The Scottish never would!"

Me, cluing into the fact that he just wrapped up his last statement, replied something like, "really, huh! Interesting! Well, the driver should be there for you shortly and thank you so much for using <my company>!"

He, "Well, thank YOU for being there! Have a great day!"

Me, "You as well!"

...and....done.

Whew.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead
Working...
X