This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Bag Bitch Is Entitled; "I'm Not Sorry!"; The CNN Woman

Whee, been a few weeks since I've posted here. Rest assured the world has not ended and customers are still the same at Aid of Rite.

"I'm Not Sorry!"

Lady pays with a debit card and uses her fingers to tap the screen even though it says "USE ATTACHED PEN ONLY". 99.9% of people try this. So fracking ANNOYING. So, woman does this and I say, "Use the pen."

"Ok then, sorry."

"Don't worry about it, just use the pen."

"OK FINE THEN I'M NOT SORRY GEEZ!"

WTF was your problem?

Double Bag Bitch's Entitlement

I posted about her before. 60 ish years old, tangled black hair, LOUD red lipstick, crabby attitude and always asks for double bag for anything, even a stick of gum. On Sunday I was working at the second register whose debit machine doesn't work properly, requiring customers to swipe their card at least 2-3 times before it works. Double Bag Bitch walks right past me and slaps her stuff on the first register's counter.

"Do you want to check out?"

"Yeah."

"Then come here, please."

"No. That one doesn't work."

"It does work, madam, it's just annoying."

"Ring me at the one that WORKS."

To complete Double Bag Bitch's entitlement, she uses a food stamp card that she never, EVER swipes herself because she's left handed. She tried to get us to enter in her PIN and do the rest for her, but I put a stop to that real quick because it's a violation of privacy. Now she can use the pen to enter in her own number.

The CNN Woman

Not sucky at all, but her story just about broke my heart. I don't know how much I'm allowed of her story to tell, but she should be on CNN in two weeks, she said. I'm not sure how much of her story is true, but she seemed so beaten down by life. I helped her find tupperware containers to store food in temporarily and she gave me a gigantic hug and kept on saying "You made my day!" so many times. Poor woman.

So yes, watch for CNN, there's some huge legal battle between her and the state attorney general. Interesting that I can't find any information about her, but I get the feeling I'm not looking at the right things. I don't know her name.

Bonus

On Mother's Day, some guy nearly left behind his card and I called for him to get it. The guy behind him, comments on the guy leaving behind the card and after he pays, HE forgets his card!
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

God, I really hate to say this, but it sometimes seem like food stamp customers were the worst when I worked in the grocery store. Especially the ones would who get something for a quarter just to get the change so they could turn around and buy their booze. I was so glad to watch my tax dollars pay for their habits. My favorite was the one who said, "I pay more in taxes than you make...." and my thought, "If you pay so much in taxes why are you using food stamps.....".

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
      God, I really hate to say this, but it sometimes seem like food stamp customers were the worst when I worked in the grocery store. Especially the ones would who get something for a quarter just to get the change so they could turn around and buy their booze. I was so glad to watch my tax dollars pay for their habits. My favorite was the one who said, "I pay more in taxes than you make...." and my thought, "If you pay so much in taxes why are you using food stamps.....".
      I am SO happy Texas uses cards instead of foodstamps now. Some of them will have cash put on them that they can withdraw after the transaction, but I've only seen it a couple of times.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
        My state does it electronically but they still are able to get cash back in some cases. I'm not sure on the detail of who gets what, etc. What bothers me most is when they buy something covered but way out of line, such as huge $60 cakes, steak, etc. You know I would much prefer it if my tax dollars went to buy something more useful like cake mix or burgers.

Comment

Quoth bean View Post
          I am SO happy Texas uses cards instead of foodstamps now. Some of them will have cash put on them that they can withdraw after the transaction, but I've only seen it a couple of times.
          The cards are a long time coming, if you ask me. I hate to think how much money was wasted due to scams and what not. I would almost be willing to believe that there were markets set up which would pay you cents on the dollar for food stamps. Our store policy was pretty much as long as the cover matched the stamps it was good.

I don't have a problem with feeding people that need it but the people that abuse the system should be cut off.

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
            The CNN Woman
            Have you tried the Monitor or the Union Leader? Sometimes they have local things like that before CNN or the other national news stations.

I'd mention NECN, but they're mostly useless these days, I've found.

Bonus

On Mother's Day, some guy nearly left behind his card and I called for him to get it. The guy behind him, comments on the guy leaving behind the card and after he pays, HE forgets his card!
            I'll admit to having done this a few times... in a row... usually because I'm so distracted by the hilarity of the situation that I put my card down and forget about it.

Comment

So far, so good - let's keep the discussion about the sucky customers, and not about how people abuse the WIC system.

That being said, how on earth could that woman expect you to enter her PIN? I myself would be rather worried if anyone knew my pin for..well, anything!
              The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I'm always amazed at the stories I read here about people who are too lazy to enter their own PINs. Security issues aside, how hard is it to press a few buttons??

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Ah, that's right, you and I work for the same company. Eerie isn't it?

I don't mind the new customers not getting that debit machine down, but it's the people who are there frequently who still don't get that if you press down on the glass fifteen times with your finger and nothing happens, pushing down on it fifteen more won't make a difference.

On really slow days I just like to watch them until they utter the phrase, "This isn't working."

Comment

As a former bank teller, I HATE EBT cards. Actually, I don't hate the cards, I hate some of the morons who carry them.

I cannot tell you how many times people would come to my teller window and the following conversation would occur:

SC: "I wanna get money off this"
                    Me: *picking up the card* "Sorry, I'm not able to do that here, but you can do so at the ATM."
                    SC: "What do you mean I can only use the ATM?? I don't have a code!"
                    Me:...........Um, actually, you do, it's the same one you use when you buy stuff with it."
                    SC: *silent, looking sheepish* Ok, I'll try...

The other fun conversation was when I would get some customers that were pissed off for another reason...

SC: "I tried getting money off this at one of your ATMs down the road and it wouldn't let me!" *throws EBT card down*
                    Me: "Do you mean the ATM at *such and such place*?"
                    SC: "YES! I want my cash!"
                    Me: "That ATM is within one block of a liquor store..."
                    SC: "Oh.......never mind."

I don't know if this law applies to every state, but in Minnesota, you CANNOT draw cash off an EBT card from an ATM that's within a certain distance of a liquor store.
                    Here's your sign...

Comment

Interesting! I didn't know that people could withdraw EBT funds using an ATM. I also didn't know about the liquor store rule.

*adds to knowledge base*
                      Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                        That being said, how on earth could that woman expect you to enter her PIN? I myself would be rather worried if anyone knew my pin for..well, anything!
                        Do you forget we're supposed to be psychic, telepathic robots? Of course we're supposed to divine her number, enter it in for her and then immediately wipe our minds clean of all secret information.
                        Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                        X