This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I felt ill after today.

I finished work six hours ago and I have only just woke up from my nap. I felt awful!

We get quite a few old men in the pub, but today just wasn't nice. We had about ten times as many old men as we normally do, and they SMELLED really bad! Normally I can cope with stinky customers, but when there is a group of 20 of them grouped together, it gets a bit much. I had customers complaining that the pub smelled of sewage it was that bad.

We also had a group of six single mothers in the pub. Four of them decided it would be appropriate to change their babies ON THE TABLE. I found two soiled nappies on the table and two on the floor after they left.

And then, twenty minutes before I finished, one of the drunken old men PISSED HIMSELF. Upon seeing that I had discovered he had pissed himself, he turned to me and said:

SC: I guess that means you won't let me have any more beer then.
    Me: Get....out...NOW.

My college guides have arrived. At least that is some little glimmer of hope in my life. I can't deal with this anymore.

I am sooo sorry you had to deal with that. Thats disgusting. Maybe next time offer to hose them down in the back and let them wash with dishsoap?

Also, with those moms, couldnt someone have said something? Im going to take a leap here and say thats a huge fuckin health hazard to have baby shit all over pub tables? Next time bill them for cleanup.

Hope you feel better.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post

Also, with those moms, couldnt someone have said something? Im going to take a leap here and say thats a huge fuckin health hazard to have baby shit all over pub tables? Next time bill them for cleanup.
      It wasn't until after they left that we discovered the nappies

I don't know what to do about the old men if they return. Is there a nice way of saying "You fucking stink. Take a bath or get out."?

Comment

amina, it's not a leap; these idiots risked exposing other people to e. coli and other fun bacteria-they were beyond being in the wrong by doing so.

if they had a problem with causing a potential health hazard, then kicking them out is reasonable (an ass chewing was reasonable too, given the circumstances).

i think the same could apply for the geezer herd; when you get that many unwashed individuals, it is unhealthy and some sort of disease might be transmitted.

oust both of them.

as for the failure that pissed himself, no shit you won't get served, genius. hosed down, however, is an option (preferably with a power washer).

customers, i'm making you some soup, and ordering a week off for you. wow, just...freaking wow.
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post

I don't know what to do about the old men if they return. Is there a nice way of saying "You fucking stink. Take a bath or get out."?
          There really is no nice way to say it, but it's got to be done.
          Unfortunately I've had to do it waaaaay to many times and you've got to be prepared - you will offend someone. Do it as discreetly and as soon as possible, state the facts calmly and don't back down. It helps if you can point out the obvious, like soiled clothing (whether from work or just plain grossness) or the fact that they've got on the same clothes every day.
          I used to work in a club that was the local for a lot of elderly men from the nearby boarding houses (one step up from being homeless) and quite a few were put on notice that they must be wearing fresh clothing/showered/shaved to be allowed in.
          It's actually quite sad, but it's for everyones benefit to be blunt and just say it.
          Good luck.
          Common sense is not that common.

Comment

How about, "Due to numerous complaints, we're gonna have to ask you to leave, and not return till you smell good."

Bah still not 'nice'. But better than nothing?

Comment

The "soiled diapers left on/under the table" doesn't surprise me (I saw that a LOT when I worked at McD's) but the fact that babies are allowed inside a pub does! That's not permitted here.
              The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

You so need a new job! You get so many awful customers.
                No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

What slobs!! That's distgusting! I'm so sorry you have to deal with the scum of humanity. Honestly, I dont care how drunk someone is - grown men should NOT pee themselves. He is a man-child with no concept of responsibility, bladder control, hygiene, or shame. Don't even get me started on the others...

Comment

Quoth PrincessKatieAirHostess View Post
                    You so need a new job! You get so many awful customers.
                    Tell me about it! I've recently come to the decision that I can no longer do bar work. I've started to hate the nice customers now.

Comment

Tell me about it! I've recently come to the decision that I can no longer do bar work. I've started to hate the nice customers now.
                      That's when you know it's time to quit.
                      No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Quoth neecy View Post
                        The "soiled diapers left on/under the table" doesn't surprise me (I saw that a LOT when I worked at McD's) but the fact that babies are allowed inside a pub does! That's not permitted here.
                        In the UK I believe children are allowed in pubs up to a certain time of day so long as food is served.

Here in NYC children are also allowed in pubs. Not long ago there was a flap about a local place. It had indoor bocce courts and was an afternoon magnet for the stroller set. this caused some liability issues with the toddlers and the bocce balls.

Here's a bit about the place:

www.unionhallny.com
                        Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

Comment

In Denmark avaiability for babies and toddlers in bars/pubs/restaurants is at the owner's own discretion. Most pubs and bars though don't allow entrance of children under 15 (even along with parents) after 5pm.
                          A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Working...
                          X