Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Somewhat Yin, Somewhat Yang, And A Free Show.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somewhat Yin, Somewhat Yang, And A Free Show.

It's been a eventful past few days at my Aid of Rite.

1. Yesterday, New Guy that I trained who liked me a lot and called me awesome got fired due to an alcohol sting where he didn't card the decoy even though we told him to card anyone he has any suspicion of being underage. He got served papers and the rest. I'm a bit upset but other cashier is not because New Guy got a bit pissy with her for training reasons one night to the point where both she and the awesome manager working wanted to throttle him.

2. A guy turned in a zippered bank envelope full of signed checks and keys and so on, which was good, and we found the guy who owned the envelope, too, so that was good. But when the guy checked it, he was apparently missing $400 in cash and keys to his other residence.

And now we come to the free show!

Two women come in, college aged. One goes to the cooler, grabs a bottle of strawberry milk and chugs it while the other grabs a cart, goes to the fragrance case and rattles it hard enough to shake the glass. Since we keep our fragrance display locked, she had no luck. She turned around, saw the bottles of cheap perfume we put out on display and began to stuff some into her purse. Both wander up and down the candle aisle, the hair care aisle and the cosmetics aisle, grabbing whatever they could to stuff into their purses. This, of course, attracts the attention of the store manager, assistant manager and LP guy, walkie talkies are grabbed and covert surveillance and video taping begins. The girls keep on testing what sets off our alarm system and what doesn't by pushing the cart near the system to see if it rings. If it doesn't they go back into the aisle and grab more crap. The very last time they tried that, when they had gotten the cart nearly out of the door, they are greeted by a police officer (literally like "ohai!") and are arrested. Girl who rattled the case throws a giant fit.

"We were NOT leaving the store. PROVE that we were not going to leave the STORE." x25

"WHY are you arresting us?!?" x13

"YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO ARREST US!" x5

So, their purses were went through. Girl who rattled the case had nothing in hers except for her phone and nearly $200 worth of our items. Other girl had a container of stuff she lifted from competitor pharmacy down the street, and $30 worth of our stuff. The kicker? They were apparently with a third girl with out of state plates since semi new pharmacy tech was out on her break and watching the whole scenario go down. Those were swiftly taken before out of state girl took off like a bat out of hell.

*sigh* Had to call the police twice tonight, that was lovely and fun. But I enjoyed my just after dinner show.
    Last edited by ralerin; 05-21-2009, 02:36 AM.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Quoth ralerin
    "We were NOT leaving the store. PROVE that we were not going to leave the STORE."
    so they planned on staying in the store forever??
    To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
    my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

I think they meant leaving without paying for their purchases. Though they didn't plan to pay anyway, since neither had a wallet or cash or a card in their purse.
      Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

You could then ask why they looked like they were leaving.

On another thought, maybe they were just testing your LP methods? You know, seeing how much they ould haul before they were spoken too etc. Oh, wait, I'm being a bit naive aren't I?
        Began work Aug as casual '08
        Ex-coworkers from current place of work: 26ish
        Current co-workers at current place of work: 15ish - yes he just hired 3 more casuals
        Why do I still work there again?

Comment

I'd expect the attitude of testing the system to come from teenagers, not college aged people. But judging by what they were doing, only pushing the cart through the system a little bit more each time they were near it until the final time when they had it nearly all the way out the door, makes me think they weren't testing anything and were going to bolt unless Mr. "Ohai!" policeman showed up.

Comment

the cart pushing thing sounds like the most obvious dumbass move ever

Comment

Working...
            X