This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He has all the time in the world....

A couple walks into the store, the girlfriend/wife was fine but the guy seemed destined to be as difficult as possible.

The guy buys a case of beer and wanders up to the counter. He pulls out a wad of cash and slowly straightens out each and every dollar before handing it to me. When it came to the change portion he simply dumps a handful of loose change on the counter.

Since there were two people waiting behind him, I grabbed the change I needed from the pile. He then slowly gathers the change together and begins stuffing it back in his pockets.

I ask whether he wants paper or plastic bags for his purchase. After he stands there for a minute staring blankly at me, he finally mumbles "Paper, please double bag it."

I double bag it and try to hand it to him, he then tells me he wants plastic, double bagged. Then he decides he wants the beer wrapped in plastic and put into a paper bag. No, wait now he wants the beer in a paper bag then for me to stick the paper into the plastic.

I am inwardly seething when the girl he was walks up and realizes what he's doing. She grabs the bag and tells him that he's being stupid. He then started yelling at her for being impatient.

I'd much rather have an impatient customer than a slow poke who can't make up his mind.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Did he pull up in a BMW?

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
      Did he pull up in a BMW?
      Probably an Audi.

Comment

Most people I know when buying a case of beer or whatever just takes it as it is without the need for a bag. He was being a jerk.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
          Did he pull up in a BMW?
          Quoth jerkface11 View Post
          Probably an Audi.
          Hey! Stop insulting the cars, it's not their fault.
          If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
            He was being a jerk.
            I second that. He's just being a dick. If he's buying a case...it doesn't need a bag. Hell, if it's a case of Woodchuck, it won't even *fit* into a bag. I'd have been tempted to tell him to "carry the fucking carton and go"
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

If I'd been the girlfriend, he wouldn't have *had* a girlfriend by the end of that nonsense. What a dick.

Comment

Needle dick.
                Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                HR believes the first person in the door
                Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                Document everything
                CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I'm actually putting my money on a combo of dickishness and some mental thing.

What has baffled me forever is how people can have their money all crumpled up, loose, and in different pockets. WTH?!? I sometimes will have my cash in more than on place, if I've separated it for some specific reason, but I can't stand having crumpled money. Heck, I won't even put it away if it's not faced.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                    I second that. He's just being a dick. If he's buying a case...it doesn't need a bag. Hell, if it's a case of Woodchuck, it won't even *fit* into a bag. I'd have been tempted to tell him to "carry the fucking carton and go"
                    I've been tempted to say something along those lines myself whenever we have that rare customer ask for a bag for a 12 pack or suitcase.

Sorry pal. That suitcase ain't fitting in one of our plastic bags. If you've gotta cover it up, you ain't got no business buying it in the first place.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I sometimes will get a bag for a case of soda, if it's a shape to fit in one, for two reasons. The first is that case handles hurt my hands; it's much easier and more comfortable to carry in a bag. The second is that cardboard tears. And when it does, it usually lets go all at once without a lot of warning; bags tend to stretch a bit before tearing, and if they do let go, the stuff is still in the case, and has a shorter distance to fall.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

After you already had it bagged, you should have just handed him the bags and told him to bag it himself. I've been known to do that when they have nitpicking bagging requests. I don't do nitpicky requests. All that does is tell me that I can't please them, so I tell them they can do it themselves. Then, I bypass them and go to the next customer while they're standing there dicking around.
                        The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Working...
                        X