This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying Crack

Here is another wonderfully fun story of my night shift at the store.

CWI: Customer without I.D.
    SC: Idiot
    ME: um, ... me

ME: Hi!*Big smile*
    SWI: Pack of camel menthols.
    ME: sure, can I see your i.d.?
    SWI:.... I don't have it with me.
    ME: i'm sorry I can't sell to you.
    CWI: seriously?
    ME: seriously.
    CWI: But, I am ALWAYS HERE, every body knows me.
    ME: Well, I'm new, and I don't know you, so if i don't see your i.d. I can't sell to you.
    CWI: *under breathe but still extremely loud* bullsh*t

The next customer in line comes to the register and turns to CWI.
    SC: What kind?
    CWI: camel menthols.
    ME: I can't sell them to YOU for HIM either.
    SC: But I have an ID, (she was like 45) do you want to see it?
    ME: No. But I still can't sell to you for him, he doesn't have an I.D. and I can't do it, the store as well as myself could be fined or given jail time and I really don't feel like going to jail.
    SC: Well, It's not like i'm trying to buy him CRACK!
    ME: well, I wouldn't be able to sell you that either.
    SC: *silence*
    ME: *silence back* blank stare
    SC: Fine......... I need a pack of Marlboro lights.
    ME: Sorry, I don't know that you aren't buying them for a minor now that I have witnessed this. I can't sell you anything that is prohibited for anyone under 18.
    SC: *WTF look* I can't believe this.
    ME: sorry. *on the inside (hahahahahahaha, dummy)* *shrugs shoulders.*
    SC *walks out very unhappy*

Hey if they would like to pay me a couple hundred dollars every week when I get fired, I would gladly sell them cigarettes, but I highly doubt that will happen.
    Last edited by moogie; 05-23-2009, 03:52 AM.
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!

Quoth moogie View Post
    SC: Well, It's not like i'm trying to buy him CRACK!
    They sell that in stores now!?!?! Last I checked, drug dealers don't check your ID.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
      They sell that in stores now!?!?! Last I checked, drug dealers don't check your ID.
      It's called Games Workshop minatures

(Common joke on a webcomic is that the character, an employee of said GW feels like he's selling crack to kids)
      I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
        It's called Games Workshop minatures

(Common joke on a webcomic is that the character, an employee of said GW feels like he's selling crack to kids)
        well looking at these guys
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkKgR...e=channel_page
        i know i would believe it

((ps, love my hubby's coworkers ))
        Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

Damn idiots never learn. NEVER go into a store with someone else to buy age restricted product without ID. EVER.

Stay in the damn car.

I worked at a gas station a few years back. People without their IDs....I could write a book.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Oh moogie, *hugz* Welcome to my world.

Don't you just love those customers that EVERYONE KNOWS? Who come into the store to buy cigarettes EVERY DAY so EVERYONE should KNOW them by now?

Just wait until you get a customer trying to buy alcohol when they have their "young" child with them. By young I mean, appears to be near enough to the age of twenty-one where I'm required to see their ID.

Good job sticking to your guns. Most newbies in my store don't even bother asking for the ID and if they do they're way too apologetic.

Comment

About weekly I get an idiot that tries to acquire a copy of 'their' return or file without an ID. Yeah right. I card everyone as the first exception you make will create SC's that you can't believe.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

It's not like you were asking them to stab themselves in the eye before being able to buy cigarettes. Then again, you probably were thinking that considering how they were being such big pain in the asses over something so small.
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

We get that all the time with people selling books.

MethHead one comes in with some books to sell. I pick them and make my cash/credit offer (credit is half again the cash offer). They always want cash. I guess meth dealers won't take our store credit in exchange. When I ask for ID (something we are required to do by, what I believe is only local, law) they say they don't have it and ask if they can use their friends. I tell them no. I don't think they realize what an ID is for.

Then MethHead two comes up. He whips out his ID and says that the books are his. Funny, that MH1 carried them in and talked about the content as I was going through them while MH2 just stood there. I tell them that I'm not buying it. They leave occasionally calling me an asshole.

Now MethHead three comes in with the same books and asks if they can sell them.

Do these people think I'm retarded?

This is why I'm always asking the boss to install an alligator pit on the customer side of the desk with a trap door above it.
                  Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                    It's sold outside the store . . .just go to the Quick Stop around the corner from my house and you can buy all you want after dark.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
                      This is why I'm always asking the boss to install an alligator pit on the customer side of the desk with a trap door above it.
                      I like this idea! I think it's worth some serious exploration. The only drawback is that such disagreeable customers might give the alligators bad indigestion. The alligators shouldn't have to suffer for that.
                      The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Working...
                      X