Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spiders, why I hate mechanics and I'm a thief, again.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot damn, those cave crickets are freaky looking. *pulls out pen* Where can one see these marvels of living modern art?

Size is the big bug indicator for me. I hate those giant June bugs that are, like, 2-3 inches. Squick. Don't care for grasshoppers, but it was funny seeing my cat get repeatedly kicked in the face by one trying to lay her eggs.

Roaches are the only bugs that will make me act like a sissy girl. I hate them. I find them absolutely revolting. But I'm trying to break myself of that, since they're... kinda like Nature's garbagemen.

...screw it. They are icky. ICKY BASTARDS!

And flies. I kill flies as a hobby. If there's a moth in the house, I'll wait and catch it and release it outside. I'll kill a spider in the house, but once spend 15 minutes watching a Black Widow build a web under a big rock. From a safe distance. I don't want to know if those can jump.

But siccing live spiders on someone with a fear of them is just plain sadistic.
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

I know this may be against policy but if someone put live spiders in my car or on my person, after the beating they would be made to clean the infested object and have it made very clear that they would never do it again.
      Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
      Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Once during a group trip to Belize, we toured some Mayan ruins. Upon returning to the staging point, one of the guides revealed that I had been toting a fuzzy tarantula around on my hat for at least half the tour. It was quite pretty actually.

I actually like Madagascar hissing cockroaches, but the normal types...yeek.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth MergedLoki View Post
          back onto the SC topic. thats messed up that if the customer leaves something behind YOU are blamed if they bitch that it was 'stolen'
          Somewhat along those lines... my grandmother's town always had a problem with cars getting broken into. People would leave cash, phones, electronics, etc. in plain view...and then not lock the car. Car would then get broken into, looted, and then the owner would bitch

Sorry, but if you do something that stupid, you *deserve* to have your stuff stolen.
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I am fine with anything that has two legs, four legs & even no legs (snakes are awesome), but anything with more than 4 legs has to be eliminated - immediately.

Once when I used to work the night shift (important because thank goodness it was dark outside) I had gotten out of shower, wrapped up in a towel & was walking towards my bed. On top of a pillow near the foot of the bed was a HUGE hairy spider - I completely froze for a good 5 minutes. While staring (praying it didn't move) & considering ways to kill it without getting close to it I realized that it had a huge egg sack attached to it's hind quarters. I just knew if I squished her I would have millions of baby spiders wanting revenge for killing their mom - eventually I worked up the courage to get to the kitchen & get a plastic storage container - put it over the spider gently & then put my hand under the pillow to make sure she didn't get out & RAN to the front door (towel fell at this point) & out the front door & just chucked everything - stark naked on the front porch & didn't even bother to look back to see where everything went. Still shudder thinking about it.

I know I couldn't handle being friends with someone who thinks it's funny to play pranks knowing you are afraid of spiders.
            "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann
            RIP Plaidman - you are loved & greatly missed.

Comment

Quoth KaySquirrel View Post
              On the other hand, I have a fake tarantula-ish looking spider toy that makes an appearance every so often. Sometimes hubby will pull back the sheets at night, and there he is! And then I can usually expect revenge in a few days' time.
              My roommate and I have a similar game going on with a plastic roach. He's quite effective. Last time I found him... I think he was in my shower.
              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
              -----
              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth dmf View Post
                its mukade that scare the crap out of me.
                Darn it! You beat me to the mukade! I've had TWO go ninja on me and drop onto me while I was doing things. Once I was in the middle of a WoW raid. My guild were wondering where their warlock had gone too. I was in the process of killing the damn thing. The next time I was on the phone with my now-on-pause-boyfriend who thought I was being murdered. Three other times I just found them on the floor. One time though... ::shudder:: I heard one crawling up the closet doors near where I keep my computer..... The doors are textured so I could hear all those little feet slithering up the door. Ugh..... Did you know that the legend is that ages ago there was a huge earthquake and a fissure to hell opened up and mukade crawled out?

Now I'll face mukade and I'll face cockroaches and I'll face spiders. These things though... suzumebachi.... I will run like the Hounds of Hell are on my feet from them. Some of you already know what I mean, for those of you who don't --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_giant_hornet
                "There is a sadist inside me. She likes cake." - Krys Wolf, my friend

In a coffee shop in Whitehouse, Texas: "Unsupervised children will be given two shots of espresso and a free puppy."

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                  People would leave cash, phones, electronics, etc. in plain view...and then not lock the car. Car would then get broken into, looted, and then the owner would bitch

Sorry, but if you do something that stupid, you *deserve* to have your stuff stolen.
                  When I was at the game store, kids (and older players who knew better) would always leave cards/miniatures/armies unattended. We had posters up in the gaming area "PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE ITEMS UNATTENDED".

Guess what happened? Somebody in a pickup game (unsanctioned, so there wasn't a "ref" down there to keep an eye on things) would leave something, it would get ganked, whoever was running the register would get bitched at by both the SC and the owner...um, dude, hire a second person to be down there and we wouldn't have this problem!

I myself got about $50 worth of miniatures stolen; I never saw who did it, but the list of suspects was fairly small as they had to know I was keeping them in the office (I later found one of my minis on the peg wall where the loose miniatures for sale were kept).
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth KaySquirrel View Post
                    Photos of those totally don't faze me, in fact I think it looks pretty cool actually. But given my reaction to normal non-steroid-abusing wasps, I think that... would kill me. It wouldn't have to bite me. I'd see it and die of fear.
                    A poster from another board I frequent caught one of those giant hornets in his apartment back in April. Of course, he had to share pics with us all.

As for pest infestations, I will re-post my advice for dealing with them: Sevin Dust. It is the mustard gas for the invertebrate world. We use it to deal with ant incursions all the time, and it's great for fleas, too. I understand it's indispensable if you garden.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth neecy View Post
                      all the spiders I've washed down the sink, swept down the shower drain, and flushed down the toilet crawled their way back up and murdered me in my sleep. *shudder*
                      Oh, thanks. THAT should help me sleep tonight . . .

Comment

I don't know what I hate worse: that you guys/gals kept bringing up all sorts of creepy-crawlies, or that I kept reading the thread.

Anything in the real world with more than 4 limbs, it dies messily if I can manage it. And don't even get me started on bees, kinda being allergic to them and all.
                        No matter how low my opinion of humanity as a whole gets, there are always over-achievers who seek to surpass my expectations.

Comment

Working...
                        X