This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    Actually, I have heard them referred to by number to differentiate them many times by many people and news agencies.

Living on an island where fish, including tuna, are often ridiculously fresh, trust me when I tell you that the concept of tuna grease is not that foreign to me. And honestly, it's not that bad, either. Real tuna grease, that is. Not the smell that GK was alluding to, which I can only imagine is far, far worse.
    And, it's only now that I realize both my references were to the same damn Bush in my original post... the proper differentiation should've been George HW Bush, and Bush Jr. Oops.

I'm sure GK was referring to the smell of canned tuna... which, in my opinion, isn't that bad... but that's me, and I enjoy the aroma of nearby skunks. No, seriously, I do. I'm weird.
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
      Lunatics.. ><
      They're what's for dinner?
      SC: “I have a solution from God”
      SC: “For all the world’s problems!”
      See, here's where you should have asked if it was cleansing fire.
      For example, the moment they got on one of them began going “Omigawd, HELLLOOOOOOOO~” in the exact same fashion as that one Internet banner ad for the Free Smileys.
      Augh! And I hadn't seen that one for at least a month! .... the worst part is that my mind immediately supplied the info that it says, "omigawd, no way" ....
      Me noticing him didn’t make him stop, either >< I had to be undressed with his roving eyes all the way downtown. <shudder>
      I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you, but he had you undressed with his eyes before you ever noticed him. He was on to ... other stuff by then. *twitch*
      Quoth Fenrus View Post
      ...disemboweled with a plastic spoon-fork. Police on scene said "It was wacky."

Kudos for the reference!
      Nny! *giggles*

Are you sure you even want to repeat that adjective?
      (damn you, Andrew B, for beating me to it)
      Quoth Jester View Post
      Actually, I have heard them referred to by number to differentiate them many times by many people and news agencies. I hate to defend Uncle Vick, but this is not as uncommon as you may think.
      One of the forums I also read has forbidden the use of numbers to refer to former (or current) presidents.

It mostly has to do with their rule of not allowing demeaning nicknames for people, and it grew from there because some douchemonkey insisted that "Obama" was too hard to spell, and he had to use a number instead.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Lunatics.. ><

From The Mount

SC: “Hi, how you doing?’
        Me: “…good, can I help you?”
        SC: “I have a solution from God”
        No no no no no! It should be: We're on a mission from God.
        Bark like a chicken!

Comment

Turns out she spent the last hour and a half wandering aimless around the building because she couldn't figure out she needed to buzz the intercom on the door to get in. It's not like it's hidden or anything either. Its right there by the door.

...and these people will populate the earth.

Comment

Quoth Skeksin View Post
            No no no no no! It should be: We're on a mission from God.
            "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth Mistress of Foxes View Post
              I believe the SA forums have the smiley you would need here:

*totally bookmarks smiley for future use*

Quoth MoxisPilot View Post
              Someone needs to make a movie about Uncle Vick.

Seriously, something like that K-Pax movie.
              Except Prot actually made sense, and it was never made clear if Prot was an actual alien who took over Porter to save his life or if Porter was actually insane. I think he was an alien seeing as how that one character did disappear when Prot did, but that's just me.

Uncle Vic is insane and made no sense. A movie about him? The Demented Cartoon Movie made more sense then that movie would.
              Last edited by SG15Z; 05-27-2009, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
                Uncle Vic is insane and made no sense. A movie about him? The Demented Cartoon Movie made more sense then that movie would.
                The problem with Vick, apart from all the other crazies, is that he's completely lucid and completely serious. Which makes him annoying rather than entertaining. All the other crazies that call are not quite what you would call lucid and, ironically, are pretty easy going. I mean you can chat with Solution from God guy for 10-15 minutes if you want and have a rather pleasant, if surreal, conversation.

But not Vick. Vick is 100% serious and believes everything he says with the utmost conviction. So much so that he actually gets upset when you don't believe ( regardless of how insane he sounds ) or don't act as alarmed as he is over his delusions or don't seem interested in letting him help build the next space shuttle.

This also has the annoying side effect of him slipping the occasional one by our recent admittedly witless new hires. They don't pick up on the underlying insanity and don't bother to read office memos ( Which explicitly state the list of career kooks we have and not to bother taking messages, opening cases, etc for them ) and end up actually leaving messages for the nutjob.

Comment

Working...
                X