Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently, that couple really DOES need a book about What Would Jesus Do. They seem to have no clue.

No, not a "hard" book like da Bible. This has to be a "pitture book" or some little felt characters and a felt board. Something with some men at an inn, a servant girl (waiter) and a jug of perfume. See, that's the story where Jesus isn't an asshole to waiters/servers. She trips and accidentally spills perfume all over Jesus' head. The disciples get really SC, but Jesus just laughs and tells them to leave her alone; it's a really great thing she did, because...well, it's your interpretation, but it kinda goes off into uncomfortable territory, but Jesus kinda said that Precious Essential Oil would be wasted on someone less fabulous than he. Which is kinda what Paris Hilton would say, if she wouldn't more likely get the girl fired.

Comment

People don't have enough information to find books. Annoying yes, and I've been there myself. But getting an attitude and implying that the bookseller lacks education/brains is a surefire way to push my buttons.

And yes, I think you should have explained (deadpan, if you could) that no, you haven't read each of the million-odd titles your chain sells.

And am I the only one who found it amusing the OP brought up the sci-fi/fantasy section and graphic novels? This is my favorite section in the store, but also the section that some overzealous acquaintances consider blasphemy. I wonder if that's why this idiot stormed off?
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Maybe she could have been steered to 'Lady Slings The Booze' by Spider Robinson...

There's a background character of a long-haired carpenter kitty with a tool belt who passes by...

Stumping along on crutches...

Bounding down the hall & circular staircase on a pogo stick...
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

-Ask his Dad to borrow the smiting machine for a sec
          I LOL'd at this. Am I wrong?
          "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

WWJD? Praise the lord and pass the cake!
            Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Quoth TTAZ View Post
              -Glare at you for making Him put down His copy of Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
              -Hand over a copy of 'Life of Brian'?
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

What a douche. I can most definitely say what Jesus wouldn't do.

As for the book, might it have been an old one, written at the end of the 19th century titled, In His Steps? It does have a sub-title of "What Would Jesus Do" but as that isn't part of the actual title, the book wouldn't come up on a standard title/author search.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Grrr, the people who do not understand the multitudeof books in a bookstore. Now if I was working full time and helping place stock on the shelves etc, I may now of a book or even the book you are talking about. As it is, if it isn't overly popular with hundreds of copies flying out the door every day (like Twilight and its sequels did over Christmas) I'm not going to know where the book is exactly in the store if we have, I will know the general area... (Currently working one day a week)

And the search thing, LOVE the customers who come up with titles and authors, not just a general topic. When you explain the whole, "I can't do a search of the topic" thing people get annoyed. Boss said he's going to get a bookfind computer for customers to use, I can't wait
                  Began work Aug as casual '08
                  Ex-coworkers from current place of work: 26ish
                  Current co-workers at current place of work: 15ish - yes he just hired 3 more casuals
                  Why do I still work there again?

Comment

Quoth TTAZ View Post
                    What would Jesus do?
                    I think the answer to that question is: He would tell you a parable about the situation.

Furthermore, in this forum, I think WWJD means "What would Jester do?"
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Thuringwethyl View Post
                      SCW: “I’m looking for a book. It’s the question what would Jesus do.”
                      If it were me attempting to help these people, I'd have brought them over to The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins after a while. I wonder if they'd have even read the back cover or just purchased it. hmm..
                      whohatesshrimp?

Comment

Working...
                      X