This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All this fuss over coffee

Yesterday, I ended up making a woman coffee 5 TIMES. She wanted de-caff. But every time she wanted a fresh one made after slurping her coffee down very quickly.

The coffee was either too hot, too cold, too lukewarm, too strong, too weak, too milky, not milky enough. All this over those tiny coffee cups we serve coffee in, on a 90 minute flight and she wasn't even in business class and had paid around £50 for her ticket.

She had a frequent flyer card though, quite high status ,which of course makes her a semi goddess She complained that she had ordered a low-cal meal, on these short routes we do not do special meals in economy, being a frequent flyer she should know that. She then said other crew ALWAYS manage to bring her a salad from business class.

She was very precious indeed and had two children with her, clambering over the seats as I was standing there with her coffee on a tray trying to give it to her.
    No longer a flight atttendant!

did her coffee get a lil something extra from your mouth ?

Comment

Nope, far too professional for that. Well actually I didn't want to risk my job over that stupid hag!
      No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Quoth PrincessKatieAirHostess View Post
        Nope, far too professional for that. Well actually I didn't want to risk my job over that stupid hag!
        Can you charge her more for the extra haggage?
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth artifical sweetner View Post
          did her coffee get a lil something extra from your mouth ?
          Please note that we at customerssuck.com do not, have not, and will ever condone food tampering.
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Coffee = life. However, I would never make a nuisance of myself on an aeroplane over it.

Bet you were itching to get out the parachutes and have a little accident with the window. XD
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
              Please note that we at customerssuck.com do not, have not, and will ever condone food tampering.
              it was a joke

Comment

Coffee = life
                This was decaf though not the real thing.

Comment

Quoth artifical sweetner View Post
                  it was a joke
                  "Joking" or not, what you posted was against the site rules. Don't do it again.
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
                    This was decaf though not the real thing.
                    Decaf is the devil's coffee. O.o Who could stomach the stuff?
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Katie, reading your posts make me extra nice to flight attendants. I will be extra good on my flight on Sunday. I promise.
                      "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                        I make my husband order decaf after he's already had 2 8 shot white mocha's if he wants another.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                          I went as far as Half-Caf once....

It wasnt that bad. lol.

Comment

Forgive me coffee enthusiasts of the board, but coffee just doesn't taste good enough to be decaf. It's like non-alcoholic beer. I don't get the attraction.

Man, 50 pounds for a ticket and she expects to be treated like business class? If someone gave me an airline ticket for whatever the rough equivalent of that in USD is I'd be kissing the ground they walked on.

Comment

Quick note about the decaf argument--most decaf coffees taste like crap b/c most manufacturers use the cheap method of decaffeination, which involves chemicals. It takes the caffeine out, but a chemical residue is left on the coffee.

My coffee company however (Caribou) uses a natural process that uses water and heat to extract the caffeine. It's just as effective, yet a bit more expensive, which is why the decaf coffee at our store has a 10 cent increase. But I swear, you cannot taste the difference between the regular and decaf versions of the same blend.

/end off topic

Back to the original poster, you have amazing patience for that wench. I never would've done all that. It irks me to no end when customers demand fresh coffee--and by fresh, they want it no older than 10 minutes. Sigh.

Oh, and I'm always VERY polite to flight attendants.
                              Here's your sign...

Comment

Working...
                              X