This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Mother

To get into the pub, you have two choices. Walk through a set of double doors, or walk through a single door. Please bare in mind that these doors are literally RIGHT NEXT to each other.

So, dumb mother shows up with a double stroller. Something like one of these: http://www.backbaybargains.com/Produ...eStrollers.htm

Which door do you think she went through? The double or the single?

Yup, she went for the single door. The stroller ended up completely wedged in the doorframe, and her children started screaming at the top of their lungs. I went over to help. She removed the children from the stroller whilst I tried my best to get it through the door. I eventually managed to force it through.

Mother: If you have damaged it, I am sending YOU the bill!

She walked off with her screaming offspring.

Who takes a baby to a bar?
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Quoth katie kaboom View Post
      Who takes a baby to a bar?
      We do pub lunches, so we get quite a lot of mothers gathering for something to eat. Very irritating!

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
        Mother: If you have damaged it, I am sending YOU the bill!
        If she does, just send her a bill for the same amount to pay for the damage her stroller did to the door.
        "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

You did charge her idiot tax right?

Comment

When I first saw this topic title, I subconsciously added another word to the end of it ... >_> Is that a bad thing?
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              When I first saw this topic title, I subconsciously added another word to the end of it ...
              Is it a word that starts with "F" and isn't "Firetruck?"
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

It really freaks me out when I see strollers the size of Dodge Neons.....or even worse, when the children inside are almost school aged!
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                  It really freaks me out when I see strollers the size of Dodge Neons.....or even worse, when the children inside are almost school aged!
                  Oh god.....that's just sad and freakish. What the hell was that idiot mother thinking?! Besides that point, I'm not sure about your country, but I know here in the US it's illegal to bring children to bars.
                  Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 05-28-2009, 09:18 PM.
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Except in England IIRC pubs are more like what we'd call Bar and Grills here, after a certain time it stop being such a public house and goes to being a bar.

But that might be me remembering things from a while back.

Comment

Yep, pubs are still like that in the UK and Ireland - kinda great actually, cuz they're a nice place to hang out. I remember during the rugby finals a couple years ago, friends couldn't find a babysitter, so they brought their 3 year old. Bit noisy, in my opinion for him, but he couldn't take his eyes off the game, so he wasn't bored!

Comment

Quoth bunnyboy View Post
                        Except in England IIRC pubs are more like what we'd call Bar and Grills here, after a certain time it stop being such a public house and goes to being a bar.

But that might be me remembering things from a while back.
                        Children are allowed in the areas where food is served .

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                          Is it a word that starts with "F" and isn't "Firetruck?"
                          Mayyyyyyyyyyyyybe

This particular moth-...person still needs either a reality check or some new spectacles, however. I wonder if her personal spider entitlement sense told her that the doorframe DAMN WELL WOULD allow her through just because she wanted to use that one, physics be damned!
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                          X