This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth bean View Post
    And uh, what's wrong with wearing shorts to work, our dress code allows them as long as they're a solid color and fall below the knee.

In Dallas, no less.
    Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

Clothes or Skill

As a computer tech I always was very causal in my dress, more than once a comment was made about another tech being in before me being dressed nicer.

My reply basicly was: "Well, I am here now so how he dressed did not fix the problem. I give you the choice. If you want the good looking tech who did not solve your problem I will leave now and you can call him to try again. Or you can have me who has been working on personal computers since before they were even available for sale and will fix your problem right. Which would you like?".

Never had a single person kick me out at that point.

Note: I do know of people who refused to have me come in to do repairs because of my looks, but later changed thier mind after having the other techs in for two to four times and still not getting the repair done.

Yes, I got the repairs done right!

In the 1980's we had a number of tech companies in our area with lots of spit&polish to look good but a major lack of repair training in thier techs.

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post

There was no real dress code at the gaming store so I got away with mini skirts, corset tops and other outfits like that. I looked like a tarted-up gaming chick.
        dang it. I knew I should have shopped at your store when I had the chance

Comment

Working...
        X