This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cinnabread Spite

There's a man who comes in often. Spends a LOT of money, $15 lunch almost every day, plus his friend ( which costs the same or more).

He wants a chicken melt, honey mustard on the side, and a side salad from the bar. We cook the hoagies fricking fast, because you want fricking fresh food. Good deal, right?

We take it out to him in under 5min.
    Guy: Could you not bring it so soon? I'm not done with my salad.
    Me: Sure!

Another time: 10min.
    Guy: I'm not even done with half my salad!

Another time:
    15min.
    Guy: But I'm still talking to my friend!

Another time: 18min.
    He has left the store to go get his friend, left his things, and comes back complaining his hoagie is cold.

Another time:
    14min.
    He is walking around talking to neighbors.

Another time: 25 min.
    He is FINALLY done talking, and almost finished with the salad.

Today, he ordered the pizza buffet. So we sigh in relief!

Then we regret.

This man ate a salad, the normal pasta and bread/cheese stick count.
    He ate medium-large size amount of pizza.
    Then, he ate a whole cinnabread.
    Then, half of another.
    Then, half a chocolate pizza.
    Then, the remaining cinnabread.
    Then, half an apple dessert, and a cinnabread.
    Then, he had pasta.
    Then, another half cinnabread, and stopped to talk to his neighbors.

When he got up to get some drink, he approches me.

Guy:
    Can I take a cinnabread home?
    Me: Sure, they're 3.99 plus tax.
    Guy: No, can I take the buffet one home?
    Me: No...

He scowls, and grabs a plate, and eats the next two cinnabreads I put out.

I assume it was out of spite.

Lordy, sounds like he got a good enough deal on that buffet to afford his eventual diabetes treatment, haha.
    Suckiness is reinforced up OR down at every transaction. Accepting BS makes them worse for all of us; firm fairness trains them to suck less.

Comment

I feel so sheltered right now but... chocolate pizza?! More information please?

Comment

Quoth PizzaDrone View Post
        I feel so sheltered right now but... chocolate pizza?! More information please?
        4 parts bavarian cream, or cream cheese if you like it thicker (different flavor, but good)
        2 1/2 parts milk chocolate syrup

Mix them together, until you have about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_brown pale brown color. Your choice of cream may change the amount, so really just try and make this color.

You can throw an even amount onto a raw pizza crust, or fill a pie shell of your choice.

Cook in an oven (electric) at 400 until its bubbling a bit. You could do the cake thing and just see if the middle is hot.

If you like it liquidy when hot, add less than one teaspoon of veggie oil to the mix.

Top with semi-sweet chocolate chips, or peanut butter, top that with powdered sugar!

Comment

Just reading that list made me feel sick.
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth unholypet View Post
            4 parts bavarian cream, or cream cheese if you like it thicker (different flavor, but good)
            2 1/2 parts milk chocolate syrup

Mix them together, until you have about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_brown pale brown color. Your choice of cream may change the amount, so really just try and make this color.

You can throw an even amount onto a raw pizza crust, or fill a pie shell of your choice.

Cook in an oven (electric) at 400 until its bubbling a bit. You could do the cake thing and just see if the middle is hot.

If you like it liquidy when hot, add less than one teaspoon of veggie oil to the mix.

Top with semi-sweet chocolate chips, or peanut butter, top that with powdered sugar!
            I.... am totally going to make this. I will force feed it to my friends. This sounds like tasty goodness. Thank you for posting it.
            "Joi's CEO is about as sneaky and subtle as a two year old on crack driving an air craft carrier down Broadway." - Broomjockey

Comment

Quoth Arm View Post
              I.... am totally going to make this. I will force feed it to my friends. This sounds like tasty goodness. Thank you for posting it.
              Can I be one of your friends?

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                Can I be one of your friends?

^-.-^
                Me too?
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

This post made me hungry.

ROFL.
                  "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

Yeesh... cinnabread's great and all, but eating three of them?? And then wanting another to take away...

I must agree, however, that chocolate pizza sounds divine. Thanks for the recipe!
                    !
                    "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Quoth Mnemjian View Post
                      I must agree, however, that chocolate pizza sounds divine. Thanks for the recipe!
                      No problem! I bet all of you will envy my family and friends knowing I bring the desserts home almost every day

Comment

Working...
                      X