This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate SC Pwnage!!

hehe, as if my store would allow that...

The Last Word Out of Your Mouth...

...will be, "Sir!" when you come into my line. I am so sick of people calling me by my name as if they know me, or using "bro," or "Dude," or something equally less-appropriate.

Hang Up or GTFO!!

YES I will talk louder if you're on your phone, not listening to me.
    YES I will interrupt your sentences when you open your mouth.
    NO; you will not give me a dirty look when you scan your card wrong! Why? Because you didn't listen to my instructions, idiot!
    NO I don't really want you to have a nice day. I want you to ignore traffic and walk into a busy intersection.

No Touching

Don't touch me, period. I am perfectly within my rights to break your nose.

Card Suck

Okay, so policy from Corporate is that we CANNOT accept credit cards that are flat-surfaced. In other words, that aren't able to be imprinted. Why? Because it's easy to forge. No, it's not unfair for us to try and prevent theft. No, if another cashier used it, then they were WRONG, and I am RIGHT in not accepting it.

No Good Deed...

So, this is more of a Management gripe, but as per my last post when I called the cops on the shoplifter? My MOD praised us to no end that night, but our SM was not pleased at all, informing us that if we did that again we'd get written up.

Okay, so I Know I Suck at Math, but...

Even I can figure out 10% of a price tag. So when I offer the discount, why must you insist I tell you? It's $19.99!! Just move the frakking decimal!!

[Sigh] there's more, but I can't remember them too well.

You SM threatened to WRITE YOU UP for calling the COPS????!?

Oh, hell no.
    "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

Your SM is a moron. What logic is there to punish your employees for calling the cops on a shoplifter?!
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
        Your SM is a moron. What logic is there to punish your employees for calling the cops on a shoplifter?!
        Because we're not supposed to chase shoplifters into the parking lot. Me especially since I'm not LP.

As a further addage to the suck, our LP district manager approved the idea for me to work as LP when the other two LP's (R and P) were unavailable. Despite this, SM hired G, a nice gal who I like, but still technically holding the position I wanted (not to mention LP pays $9 an hour >.<)

Comment

We're not supposed to chase shoplifters - but I've seen SM and other dept managers hauling serious ass out the door after them, and I've seen them brought back into the store.

Most recent is when our marketing person was shopping, off the clock, in the store, and saw a guy grab a couple of bags from our checkstands.. wander back into the store.. and start loading them up with beer (we use paper bags, they can handle quite a bit of weight). She (our marketing person) got the attention of the beer/wine manager, who started following the guy.

He bolted through the main entrance (far from the registers) with the SM, beer manager, an assistant SM, and frontend manager chasing him. Followed immediately by the service desk phone making a weird noise that it makes whenever anyone in the store calls 911 (it makes a siren type noise until you hit a button on it), one of them had a wireless phone on them.

He got away in a brand new Mustang, but I was told the cops arrested him a short time later when they saw him (managers got the plates as he sped off).

I won't personally chase anybody, but I've followed a shoplifter out at a decent distance (with other employees and behind other customers) so I could get their plates before. We don't have any cameras outside.

edit: Hobbs, LP pays only $9/hour at your store? WTF? Our baggers, even part timers still in high school, start at $10.
          Last edited by bean; 05-29-2009, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Quoth bean View Post
            We're not supposed to chase shoplifters - but I've seen SM and other dept managers hauling serious ass out the door after them, and I've seen them brought back into the store.

Most recent is when our marketing person was shopping, off the clock, in the store, and saw a guy grab a couple of bags from our checkstands.. wander back into the store.. and start loading them up with beer (we use paper bags, they can handle quite a bit of weight). She (our marketing person) got the attention of the beer/wine manager, who started following the guy.

He bolted through the main entrance (far from the registers) with the SM, beer manager, an assistant SM, and frontend manager chasing him. Followed immediately by the service desk phone making a weird noise that it makes whenever anyone in the store calls 911 (it makes a siren type noise until you hit a button on it), one of them had a wireless phone on them.

He got away in a brand new Mustang, but I was told the cops arrested him a short time later when they saw him (managers got the plates as he sped off).

I won't personally chase anybody, but I've followed a shoplifter out at a decent distance (with other employees and behind other customers) so I could get their plates before. We don't have any cameras outside.

edit: Hobbs, LP pays only $9/hour at your store? WTF? Our baggers, even part timers still in high school, start at $10.
            minimum wage is $6.55, bumping up to $7.25 in July.

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post
              minimum wage is $6.55, bumping up to $7.25 in July.

Gods bless TX, right?

I still can't believe your SM wanted to write you up! Almost as bad as MY SM. What douches. We should ship 'em off to Antarctica together and see which one survives the longest..

Oh, and btw, your thread title had me all excited...and I'm left without pwnage.

Sad...

Comment

The only thing worse than customers on a phone are cashiers on the phone... only in france...
                http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
                Melody Gardot

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                  Gods bless TX, right?

I still can't believe your SM wanted to write you up! Almost as bad as MY SM. What douches. We should ship 'em off to Antarctica together and see which one survives the longest..

Oh, and btw, your thread title had me all excited...and I'm left without pwnage.

Sad...

Aww, sorry your Worship-fulness

Special Lupo Story

I had been working CS (which I loath >.<) and my CW had opened the adjacent back-up register. Now, as our CS is set up, there are two registers; one line. Believe me, it keeps it orderly.

So here we go and I'm looking down mostly because I'm doing returns and paying attention to receipts and price tickets. I hand off the receipt and look up to see a man already waiting. Okay, sometimes people jump the gun and don't wait to be called, it happens, I hate it, but I move on.

As I start to greet him and offer to take his items, two gentlemen (that are next in line) begin to make noise. At first I think they're the troublemakers.

me:
                  SC: duh
                  D1: Dude 1
                  D2: Dude 2
                  CWC: Co-worker's Customer

D1: Man, can you believe this?
                  me: O_o
                  D2: Yeah, it'd be nice if some people waited in line like the rest of us!
                  me: :lightbulb: (looks at SC) Sir, were you in line?
                  SC: I just saw you ready and got in line right behind your last customer.
                  me: So, that's a "No.") Sir, this (points to ginormous line) is my line. It's all one.
                  SC: Well that's too long a line!
                  me: (Does it look like I give a frak?) Sir, these people all waited in line patiently. You'll have to get in line. (Turns to D1+2 and stands on tip-toes to see over SC) You guys are next, come on over.
                  SC: Just forget it! (throws items on desk)
                  me: Okay, thank you sir. Have a nice day!!
                  D1: Thanks for that, man.
                  CWC: I saw him cut, but didn't know if I should say something...
                  me: Don't worry, ma'am. If someone cuts, tell us and we'll deal with it. I don't tolerate cutters.

There you are, Lupo. Hope this redeems me.

Comment

Working...
                  X