This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just the rest of this day

until I am an adult and stop being lumped into the teenager's category!

I am seriously sick of teenagers who come through our DT. They giggle throughout the order. They can't seem to pick the driver as the speaker. They can't seem to tell or even ask me if they can do separate orders (we can do up to two separate orders). They make fun of you right while still on the speaker, just because your vocabulary skills are higher than your shoe size. Adults do that too, but it's more the teenagers who do this.

I'm done with it. Tomorrow, I will not even be in that category and people will stop assuming that I suck just because I'm under 18.

Darn teenagers and their rock and roll music *grumble*
    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

I'm picturing you with a walker and a bun in your hair. Once I had a customer w/ a T-shirt that said, "If it's too loud, your too old." I looked right at him and said, "I'm too old." Of course, I've been like that since I was a teen...
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I'm with you, McGoddess. I couldn't stand teenagers when I was one, and I still can't.

I don't understand when it became cool to be cruel and stupid.

I'd like to say things change when you hit 18, but the only real difference is your ability to vote; a lot of people still suck.

However...it does get a bit better after 21. At least you can drink. (J/K lol)
      "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

OHHH NoNoNo, to the people who are over 45 (I'm one of them), you will always be a teenager.

Why you meddling kids, when we were your age, we only had 725 TV channels, cell phones bigger than your thumb, AND WE LIKED IT!!!!!
        And the sky was full of stars... and every star, an exploding ship, one of ours...

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
          until I am an adult and stop being lumped into the teenager's category!

I am seriously sick of teenagers who come through our DT. They giggle throughout the order. They can't seem to pick the driver as the speaker. They can't seem to tell or even ask me if they can do separate orders (we can do up to two separate orders). They make fun of you right while still on the speaker, just because your vocabulary skills are higher than your shoe size. Adults do that too, but it's more the teenagers who do this.

I'm done with it. Tomorrow, I will not even be in that category and people will stop assuming that I suck just because I'm under 18.

Darn teenagers and their rock and roll music *grumble*
          I think a "Happy Birthday" is in order?!

Comment

Quoth MoxisPilot View Post
            I'm with you, McGoddess. I couldn't stand teenagers when I was one, and I still can't.

I don't understand when it became cool to be cruel and stupid.
            Apparently teens have believed it to be cool to act stupid at least since I was growing up in the 80's.

And people wondered why I didn't hang out with other teens . . . I simply couldn't stand how silly and superficially stupid they behaved and worried about petty stuff such as who liked who and who said what about so-and-so.

I was old for my time and still am . . .
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth garth1 View Post
              OHHH NoNoNo, to the people who are over 45 (I'm one of them), you will always be a teenager.

Why you meddling kids, when we were your age, we only had 725 TV channels, cell phones bigger than your thumb, AND WE LIKED IT!!!!!
              *snerk*

You? You're still a kid, then, to an oldtimer like me. Why, I remember when pants came up to your actual waistline and boys spent more time doing their hair than girls did.

So there.

BTW, Happy Birfday, OP! Someday you'll be as old as me and telling teenagers that they aren't glomming onto any fad you haven't seen before. And I'll be almost 60 and STILL listening to Metallica.
              What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth bleedingheart View Post
                YES! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! <3
                "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
                  Why, I remember when pants came up to your actual waistline and boys spent more time doing their hair than girls did.

...My husband spends more time on his hair (and in the bathroom in general) than I do....

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                    Apparently teens have believed it to be cool to dress stupid at least since I was growing up in the 80's.
                    Edited for my own amusement and for truth.
                    What were we thinking?! Had we learned nothing from "Farrah hair"?

Comment

Heh. People sometimes find it odd that someone my age (26) really doesn't like kids or teenagers (with a few notable exceptions).

Geez, I didn't like kids or teenagers when I WAS a kid and a teenager! Why would I like them now?

I definitely feel for ya, McGoddess. Fortunately, life almost always gets better after the teenage years. And if anyone says differently, spork them in the eye!! When I was 16, people were always coming up to me and telling me that these were "the best years of your life!" My response to that was usually something like, "Then shoot me now, because I hate this!" Fortunately for me, my mom was sane, and told me that these people were crazy.
                      "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Quoth bleedingheart View Post
                        That and a "Ya darned kids, get off mah lawn!!!"
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Hate to break it to ya, but you are a teenager for 2 more years. It's okay, though - I am sure you were never one of those teenagers. I hate them too.

Happy Birthday!!!
                          "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Well, first off

I couldn't deal with teenagers even when I was one, I got along better with adults actually. I hate dealing with teens today too...makes me feel old :P

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                              Apparently teens have believed it to be cool to act stupid at least since I was growing up in the 80's.
                              Sadly, not nearly enough of them are "acting"...
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                              X