This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A thief who called "thief" on a cashier

My stepdaughter works as a cashier at Winn Dixie, and she of course gets her share of SC's. This gem happened yesterday, where a woman came in dressed in a trenchcoat (in ninety degree Florida heat, I might mention) and carrying a big-ass purse, one she could have used to stuff her overnight clothes in. While she was shopping, one of the staff saw this woman stuff lobster tails into the pockets of her trenchcoat, then a couple in her purse. She then headed toward the front of the store, and she must have known she'd been watched and caught, because she suddenly headed for my stepdaughter's register, pulling the lobster tails out of her coat and purse!

Now, this is where it really got interesting. After the lobster tails had been rung up (which by the way, had been in her now smells-like-fish-on-the-inside trenchcoat), she started leaving and then yelled, "That cashier stole my credit card! I know this because she didn't give it back to me after I bought those lobster tails!" After this bantering around, lo and behold, the lady found her credit card! Where do you think she found it? In her smells-like-fish pocket of her smells-like-fish trenchcoat! And you have to wonder if this was even her credit card, or a stolen one.

It's funny to me how a woman would do this after knowing she'd been caught trying to smuggle lobster tails out of a grocery store. And I have a feeling she's pulled this stunt before since she'd been watched from the moment she entered the store right up until she checked out.
Working...
X