This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Food Lady View Post
    Um, are you in Wisconsin? Because I've watched that happen for 7 years. They're even more mobile in a snowstorm.
    I see a similar phenomenon here in NC during the winter. It's known as the "Icantdrivetoworkinthetwentyfivesnowflakesthatfell butIcangettothegrocerystoreorWalMart" syndrome.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
      She's doing it wrong. In a situation like this, the daughter is supposed to yell, "Help!" at the top of her lungs. In no time at all, this DS emergency will be taken care of by 3 dancing agents.
      First, though, she has to figure out an appropriate song for them to dance to, and three goals for the agents to succeed or fail at...
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
        Um....no....not even close. Albuquerque. I think it's because we're so un-used to seeing that wet stuff that falls from the sky that we all need to go out and look at it.

Oh believe me, even in Western Washington (where we have 4 seasons, a few days if snow, rain, sun, rain) drivers act like they've never even seen rain before and freak out, it's crazy.

Comment

Quoth bunnyboy View Post
          Oh believe me, even in Western Washington (where we have 4 seasons, a few days if snow, rain, sun, rain) drivers act like they've never even seen rain before and freak out, it's crazy.
          You should have seen them when we had that snowstorm in 2006. Of course, before that, we had record rainfall during the summer.

Yeah, 2006, last El Niño year we had, not so great for driving....and we're supposed to have another one this year!
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

i wanted to be a bar-tender, but i only asked for an application when i was drunk...now i'm not thinking it's such a good idea...although i thought that bartender was really nice and friendly...

21st birthday was a few weeks ago and i got drunk in a bar and i dropped some change i had and said "Oh no! I'm losing my cents!" and another drunk guy when i left the bar area to go to the dance floor said "make sure to not lose your cents!"...heh. well, it was funnier when i was drunk...

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
              You should have seen them when we had that snowstorm in 2006. Of course, before that, we had record rainfall during the summer.

Yeah, 2006, last El Niño year we had, not so great for driving....and we're supposed to have another one this year!

Dear lord.

You would not believe just how much has changed in this state since we became the new Tech capitol of the US... we went from, drivers who could drive come rain or snow, who did at most 5 over the speed limit, low home prices and people who knew how to do simple things like be nice.

Now we seemed to have imported the worst of So. Cal, morons who though they've lived here for years freak out when the weather here does what we're known for, people who go 90 in a 60 .... with construction going on, over 100k for a house you'd have to pump almost 3 times that to make it livable, and EWs and SCs up the wazoo.

yeah I'm not bitter.

Comment

no, not bitter at ALL...just looking at the state with a critical eye...

Comment

Working...
                X