This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought I was going to be attacked. WARNING *Language*

So, for those of you who don't know, I work 3rd shift at a conveinence store. yay. -_- J/k I love my job. Well tonight around 2 am, some strung out tweaker comes and and says
    "Hey, the guy that usually works nights, the italian guy, well he usually covers what ever i don't have" *puts a bag of chips on the counter* "Now, i mean i'm not saying you're him (duh, what clued you in? the remarkable lack of penis or the addition of breasts, long hair and make-up?) but um uh this is what i got"
    Now I'm expecting him to need like 5 cents or whatever, which would be no big deal. He opens his grubby little hand to show me a quarter a nicle and a few pennies. The chips were 1.29. That's not covering what you don't have buddy, that's BUYING you a bag of chips.
    So anyways, I was like "nope, sorry can't do it."
    He just stood there for a minute and was like "whatever"
    ME: "have a nice night"
    >=)
    So I was outside taking the trash out like 2 minutes later and he comes walking up the street screaming to himself "WHAT THE F*CK! I SHOULD PUNCH THAT F*CKING B*TCH IN THE FACE! WHAT THE F*CK! MUMBLE MUMBLE!! F*CK F*CK F*CK!"
    He is walking up to the store at this point, so i walked back inside quickly, grabbed the phone, dialed 911 and got ready to hit the talk button. He walked in got his chips and surprise surprise he had enough money for them.
    My heart was beating a million miles a minute and i was so full of adrenaline that I was shaking. He didn't try anything thank god. I would have called the cops and sprayed cleaner in his eyes. I really hate people sometimes
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!

Quoth moogie View Post
    (duh, what clued you in? the remarkable lack of penis or the addition of breasts, long hair and make-up?)
    Next time can you actually say that to him and put the video on youtube
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Given the potential of threatening behavior, you should have called the police anyway. He could always come back later, and you have already started documenting everything. He might or might not do anything, but you don't want to take chances when dealing with druggies and other unstable types.

All that aside, I feel for you. I used to work graveyard shift at a convenience store. After midnight, it was mostly third-shift factory workers, and the undesirable drunks, druggies, and just plain weirdos. I lost count of how many times some of the undesirables would visit the store for junk food runs. I hated working that shift, and was glad when management finally decided to start closing the store at midnight.
      The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

I only worked 2nd shift when I was at the gas station (the station wasn't 24/7, so I was always the closer) and even at 8 or 9 pm, I'd freak out over some people.

I mean, one guy for NO REASON threw cans of beer at the windows. And a year before that happened, when we changed store hours to close an hour earlier on Sundays, some guy got so mad that he threw GLASS BEER BOTTLES at the door, while I was huddled on the floor amongst the shelves on the phone with the cops.

There were creepos walking down the street who would walk in, talk to themselves, twitch, give me odd looks.....I was always afraid someone was strapped or someone was just going to grab me.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Yeah, the guy that was working 3rd shift quit because he had beer bottles thrown at his car and then a few days later he was jumped in the parking lot. which is why I am on 3rd shift now.
          Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!

Comment

Tweakers scare me. They are just so fried and screwed up, and the poison has killed so many brain cells.
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth moogie View Post
              Yeah, the guy that was working 3rd shift quit because he had beer bottles thrown at his car and then a few days later he was jumped in the parking lot. which is why I am on 3rd shift now.
              oh my gosh!! you are all so brave!! I worked overnight at my store over christmas, but the store is locked down and no customers come in.

Comment

Holy crap. They should arm you with tasers. That's scary.

Comment

Or one of those panic windows.

I saw it on the Maury show once. A guy was moments from leaping across the counter to attack the clerk, the clerk hit a little button, scumbag leaps.....and gets stuck!
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I have a friend who used to work security at a convenience store.

He stopped some ganger punks from stealing a case of beer, so they waited outside with some friends and jumped him later that night.

3 losers with a pipe, a knife, and a rock vs 1 big stoner dude.

They're all in jail, now, and he's got a huge scar on his face and another on his back. Luckily, the ones with the pipe and rock were comletely ineffective and the one with the knife missed his lung when he stabbed him in the back.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Okay, okay, I know that most of the time in these situations of "your coworker always does it", the SC is lying through their teeth. But wouldn't it be advisable to find out if the 'other guy who works this shift' is really covering this tweaker's short-comings?

Would that not address the safety part of it at least a little bit?

If my co-worker set me up for something like that...I'd want to know and I'd want the situation rectified!

Comment

These stories are why there should be two people working these shifts! But we all know that won't happen....and why.
                        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Yes, the companies care more about the bottom line than the employees. I know I get so sick of hearing it's not in the budget or that we are over on hours, but yet we are slammed with customers 90 percent of the time.
                          The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                            Or one of those panic windows.

I saw it on the Maury show once. A guy was moments from leaping across the counter to attack the clerk, the clerk hit a little button, scumbag leaps.....and gets stuck!
                            I saw the same thing on one of those The Smoking Gun shows on TruTV.

Only the guy took the panic wall in the neck, or maybe his shoulders, got pounded up into the ceiling, and dropped onto the counter not knowing what just hit him.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

This didn't happen to me, but it happened to my mom on my day off. She was working at U-scan and she was busy watching four registers at once. Some old guy was complaining that his coupon wouldn't work so she asked him what the date said, and of course it was expired. So the guy asked my mom to fix it. My mom told him that she couldn't do that, and the guy started cursing her out and the other customers were trying to ignore him, then he whips a can of frozen orange juice at my mom's head and misses her by an inch or two. The guy runs out of the store and the manager comes over and tells my mom to take as long of a break she needs. When she came home she told me what happened and I told her "I hope that asshole got run over in the parking lot." When I went in to work the next day I went by U-scan and there was a good size dent in the wall, if I was there the day before I would have kicked the guy's ass.
                              ......../\
                              ....../__\
                              ..../\...../\
                              ../__\../__\

Comment

Working...
                              X