Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer going to international admissions will only be here for "5 minutes"

Customer drives up to the booth window. I open the window & notice there is a passenger with him.

me: "Hi, how may I help you?"
    customer: "I am going to international admissions & I will only be here for 5 minutes."
    me: "Do you know it is $5.00 to exit?"
    customer: "Really...5 dollars?"
    me: "yes"
    me "If one of you can stay in the car & one of you goes upstairs to that dept., you can park at the drop off zone for free."
    customer: "Yeah..well..I need to go with him."
    me: "It's $5.00 & you pay inside the building *at this point he was not listening* or you could park across the street at the meter parking."
    customer:"I'll park here" *moves forward*

I leave to the booth to take a 15 minute break a couple of minutes after he entered the garage.

About 30 minutes later the phone inside the booth rings. I look up, & there is a silver car at the exit gate.

me: "Visitor parking booth, how may I help you?"
    customer: "I just need to get out of here."
    me: "I'm sorry, but since there are 4 signs stating visitor parking is $5.00 *there is a sign in front of the entrance to the garage, & there are 3 signs inside the garage*, the only way the gate will go up for anyone is after they pay for their parking inside the building either at the vending machine garage level elevator lobby or at the parking office third floor."
    customer: "ok"

I watch him back up, & about a minute later he pulls forward to the exit gate. He sits there for about a minute. The gate does not go up. He backs up again. I saw him exit, & I noticed he was the one going to international admissions & would only be here for "5 minutes"

if he exited... i'm assuming he finally coughed up the cash?

all i can say is i would hate to be a student there. my community college does have special parking lots for staff & disabled (need a card to get the little gate arm to open)... but there's enough parking for everyone.

in fact, since they put dorms on campus i think the parking's gotten better since not all of them have cars

Comment

Working...
    X