This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Hope You Get Sunburned Where The Sun Don't Shine

Hey there, everybody. Summer is here, so the store is PACKED. It's getting to the point where we have no baggers because everyone has to be on checkstand, and managers are nowhere to be found because they have to fill in the other duties...every single day.

Today is my day off, so it's a time to vent! Here we go:

You learn to bite your tongue real quick in this job...

Guy comes through my line with a hot deli chicken. He gets out a Lonestar (foodstamp) card and I tell him, 'Sir, hot deli food is not covered under Lonestar.' The guy flips out, yelling, 'Since when? Why can't I buy it? What the hell else am I going to get for dinner?!'

Since when? January of 2008.

Why can't you buy it? Write your congressman, I don't make the rules.

What the hell else are you going to get for dinner? This place is wall-to-wall food. If you can't find anything else to eat here, you deserve to starve.

Guy left without his chicken.

What part of I can't hear don't you understand?

I went to the doctor this morning because thanks to swimming in my pool everyday, water is trapped in my left ear, and thus I cannot hear out of that ear. I managed to make it through my work day fine until a woman came through and refused to talk any louder than a mumble.

I kept asking her to repeat, and told her why, and she finally shrieked 'NEVER MIND!', snatched the reciept out of my hand and left. The next customer came up and looked just as bewildered as I did. I asked what she was trying to say.

'She wanted her milk double bagged.'

Why couldn't you just do it yourself? Bitch.

Welcome to Apocalypse Now, the grocery store for pack rats...

A guy came through my line with three carts full of nothing but Powerade, Toilet Paper, and four types of canned soup. And he wanted me to swipe each one individually, he had different bagging requests for each one, and to top it off, he spoke very little English.

He complained about little things like a two-cent price difference, shouted at me when I couldn't remember what he said in a thick accent all at once, and demanded that two managers help carry his groceries out because he didn't trust the baggers with his order.

When my manager came back in, she said 'Go to break, because I was getting ready to kill that guy too.'

I love my manager.

---

That's it for right now. Catch ya later.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?p=7499
    Now appearing in comic form!

Sunburn? Pfft. Here's a batter idea.

Comment

Quoth GroceryWench View Post
      Guy left without his chicken.
      I love a happy ending.
      Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
      Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

...A guy came through my line with three carts full of nothing but Powerade, Toilet Paper, and four types of canned soup....
        Add a pair of assless chaps and you just described my Saturday night.
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
          Add a pair of assless chaps and you just described my Saturday night.
          Sheldon,you naughty boy!
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Hey there, everybody. Summer is here, so the store is PACKED. It's getting to the point where we have no baggers because everyone has to be on checkstand, and managers are nowhere to be found because they have to fill in the other duties...every single day.
            I feel your pain. >.< I hate Summer. I can't wait for my vacation.

A guy came through my line with three carts full of nothing but Powerade, Toilet Paper, and four types of canned soup.
            I really don't want to know, I really don't...

Comment

Working...
            X