This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *pulls hair out* oh and language

Hi I am kimmik and I work retail as a cashier over nights at a big box....

I had one of my "favorite" type of customers.... so I thought it would be a good one to make my first post....

Now food stamps are not something that I don't begrudge anyone for using as everyone needs some help now and then.. it is those SC that misuse them and need a severe ass kicking for poor parenting that I hate .

Me-- cashier aka whipping girl
    SC-- woman with 5 kids who are all up way to late and think that tearing up the store is fun

Me -- did you find everything alright?
    Sc -- yeah whatever *starts to throw and I mean throw stuff on the counter*

the items are energy drinks, food items like shrimp frozen steaks , pez dispenser with candy, expensive water, etc.

during this her kids decide to use the rails by the carts as a jungle gym...
    Me-- Ma'am could you please not let your children climb on the rails. They may get hurt.
    SC-- For fuck's sake will you fucking brats knock it off so she will stop bitching and finish ringing my stuff up.
    Me-- *bites lip and finishes ringing up the items.* Your total is 120 *it was somewhere in the 120s... cant remember exact price*
    SC-- here *waves a food stamp card in my face* One of you dumb asses made it so it wont swipe.
    Me- *politely takes the card and punches in the info* Ok ma'am your Cash total is 40 dollars.
    SC-- I told you it was Food stamps why the hell do I have money still owed.
    Me-- Well ma'am the energy drinks are not eligible for food stamps and neither are the pez dispensers even though they come with a little candy.
    SC-- that is bullshit I can get them at x store on my card.
    Me-- I am sorry ma'am but here they are not considered a food item. They really have no nutritional value.
    SC-- then I dont want the damn things and you can keep the fucking pez too.
    *at this point 3 of the kids begin to have a hizzy* I dont got fing money to spend on crap like that.

So I proceed to take off the items. To which she puts on the counter several expensive makeups. Wordlessly I ring them up and give her, her total... she then proceeds to pull out a wad of cash... and I mean a wad of bills not all ones and fives either. She proceeds to hand me a 50 dollar bill I ask if I should add the pez back on...

SC-- If I would have wanted them I would have told you to ring them up. I said I dont have money for that sorta crap there is more important stuff I need.

With that she got her change and herded her children with many expletives out the door....

She could afford 15+ dollar makeup but not 1.50 for the kids..
    Last edited by Kimmik; 06-08-2009, 08:01 PM. Reason: because I suck at typing

Don't even think about it.

I'll say this before anyone else gets the chance.

All comments will be about the suckiness of the customer, there will be no comments about the food stamp system.

You have had your only warning.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Hey I think you had a meeting with my sister in law.She buys herself new clothes almost everyday and the kids are wearing clothes stained and too small.Also she'll go into the gas station and get herself a pop and candy bar and then proceed to eat and drink in front of the kids. I was raised to believe that the kids come first.My mom worked worked 12 hours a day and went without stuff for herself so we could have new school clothes and anything else we needed.

Comment

Quoth Kimmik View Post
        SC-- For fuck's sake will you fucking brats knock it off so she will stop bitching and finish ringing my stuff up.
        Oh, the colorful vocabulary those kids are going to have, if they don't already!
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          Oh, the colorful vocabulary those kids are going to have, if they don't already!
          Yeah I felt bad for the kids... I mean ok yeah they were misbehaving... but there is never any call to talk to a child like that.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

As my late grandmother used to say "Monkey See, Monkey Do."
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

This type of parenting makes me I get that kids can keep odd hours. My sis works odd hours and her three-year-old is up late at night and sleeps late in the day, pretty much in keeping with sis's hours. Hey, it happens. But shopping with the whole troop that late at night (or rather, the morning) and then screaming in such a horrible fashion....bitch is too nice a word for this woman. And yes, I'm sure it WAS the OP's fault that her card wasn't working. Nevermind that the cards themselves are crap. I swear, they stop working if you look at them the wrong way.

OP, you have the patience of a saint to put up with that transaction. What a foul-mouthed horrid woman. I pity the children, who have such a "lovely" role model.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Welcome to CS, Kimmik!

I worry about those kids...she's apparently raising them to be a whole new generations of CS's >_< Sad.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Welcome!

My friends little 5 year old girl the other day mentioned that her grandmother shouldn't do something because her mom "would really get pissed off!"

They learn so fast! *sniffle*
                  "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Welcome from me as well

if only need=modesty [/sigh]

In her defense though...maybe the make-up was for a job or something? And if the kids were up late already and causing a ruckus, candy+energy drinks would be a bad combination. Still, I bloody can't stand that kinda rudeness.

Comment

I hope you made sure that the $50 was legit. Considering her behavior I'd be suspicious, to say the least. Sorry you had to deal with that beast.

EDIT

Welcome to the site.
                      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

A funny story I felt the need to add....

Lots of my friends and acquaintances have kids. This is a part of Wisconsin where prime child bearing age is 14 to like...24, the younger side of that range being the most popular.

I'm not used to being around kids, as I generally prefer to not be around them, but I have accidentally let a few choice words out in front of them.....only to be snapped at by my friends "Don't fucking curse around my kids like that!"
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

...and of course they miss the irony in that line....
                          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                          -----
                          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                            "Don't fucking curse around my kids like that!"
                            <calling Bill Engvall> *smacks his son on the head* "Hey, in this house, we don't hit!"
                            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Welcome to the boards! Wow....those SC's kids make Bebe's kids look like angels...
                              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                              X