This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer yelled at the call box at the exit gate; long post

According to the parking office whenever anyone inserts a token in the slot at the exit gate & it will not go up, they have to go to the parking office. This is because...
    1. Many times since I started working at the university in 2006, people insert a nickle, press the call button, the call is transferred to me, & they tell me the gate will not go up. When Community Relations/Visitor Parking was over the garage, I called them & was told to raise the gate. Then the next person who tried to exit presses the call button, the phone call is transferred to me, & they tell me there is a nickle in the slot where the token goes.
    2. There were times when my co-worker(s) (I have had many co-workers) was inside the garage near the exit gate (my co-worker was coming back from the restroom) when someone pressed the call button at the exit gate because the gate will not go up. My co-worker would tell me the customer did not insert a token in the slot.

So the parking office decided that whenever someone (not on the event list) says the gate will not go up, I have to send them back to the parking office.

The phone inside the booth rings. I look up, & there is a car at the exit gate.

me: "Visitor parking booth, how may I help you?"
    female customer *with a high pitched voice*: "Yeah..I put a token in the slot & the gate will not go up"
    me: "I'm sorry, unfortunately, according to the parking office, whenever that happens to anyone, they have to go to the parking office. I'm sorry, but I cannot..."
    female customer *interrupts me*: "I paid"
    me: "I'm sorry, but it is no my call to make. I cannot raise the gate."
    female customer: "Let me out"
    me: "One moment please"

I transfer the call to the parking office, but no answer. So I call university police, explain why I am calling, including what the parking office told me, & I tell them the customer will not back up. They tell me they will handle the problem. So I hang up the phone. About a minute later I see her press the call button, & then I hear her yelling at the call box. Since a cop did not arrive to speak to her, police took the phone call instead of transferring the call to me & spoke to her at the call box at the exit gate. She finally backs up.
Working...
X