This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got scammed.

Background: my store doesn't do any outside advertising whatsoever, except for putting a "$10 off a purchase of $40 or more" coupon in a free magazine that's distributed among the city each week. Our inside advertising consists of a weekly sales flyer that's handed out at the door.

I haven't read this week's sales flyer (they run Weds through Weds) and barely skimmed last weeks. Someone brought me a flyer stating whole chickens were XX % off, normally X price but this week Y price. Our store scan coordinator can be slow to update prices, so I looked the net weight on the label (it was a meat dept item), multiplied it by the sale price, and rang it up on an open PLU we have available for that dept.

They left the flyer when they left. Guess what? It expired on the 10th. No wonder it didn't ring up right.

At least now I know to look at the flyers a lot better.

Sounds a lot like the coupon scammer I used to sometimes have to deal with back in my retail hell days. She was always trying to pass off expired coupons, and would make a huge fuss when the coupons didn't work. I believe the manager had it out with her a number of times.

I'm surprised he did not ban her from coming in there, that's how bad she was.
    "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
    ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

would you give extra points for someone trying to use a koopon?

^Mario reference

Comment

Quoth WhiteRose View Post
        would you give extra points for someone trying to use a koopon?

^Mario reference
        *floods WR's desk with kupo'ns*

^ FF reference
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          *floods WR's desk with kupo'ns*

^ FF reference
          Actually, in FFXI there's an event going on that's like a lottery. One of the prizes is a Kupon which you can trade for Dynamis Xarcabard or Glacier gear depending on the Kupon.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Was at Wal-Mart at the self checkout, lady ahead stuffed up the machine trying to ring in the coupon over and over. Front manager took at least 5 miniutes to get it operational again.

Comment

Quoth WhiteRose View Post
              ^Mario reference
              Bit of a Ron White reference, too... and, I think your Mario ref would've fit canon better as a Koopa'n.
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

So you accepted an add that had expired. If you hadn't, the customer would have claimed they just took it and that it's FALSE ADVERTISING not to accept it. *sigh* I'm tired of retail.
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  One of the prizes is a Kupon which you can trade for Dynamis Xarcabard or Glacier gear depending on the Kupon.
                  Geez, I haven't played in almost 2 years now ^_^ I woulda liked to get some of the relic gear for my Bardtaru, tho.
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth bean View Post

They left the flyer when they left. Guess what? It expired on the 10th. No wonder it didn't ring up right.

At least now I know to look at the flyers a lot better.
                    Is it possible that the customer didn't realize that the ad had expired? I have done that before. They merely pointed it out to me and I accepted that I needed to look for those dates. I wasn't trying to scam anyone.
                    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
                    X